Click here to download the Podcast
Join WellBeing editor, Terry Robson and media personality, Wendy Harmer, of www.thehoopla.com.au for their new podcast – Strange Days Indeed.
In their weekly podcast, Terry and Wendy will be talking about the strange but true - all things wonderful, warm, weird and witty that shape people’s lives – or not.
Feeling stressed? Get more shut eye. New research shows sleep and dreaming are a form of therapy.
And, did you know that 80 parts of your brain come into sync when you orgasm? Thanks to one brave PhD student we now know.
And Wendy Harmer and WellBeing editor Terry Robson talk about life on Mars (and one very big torch).
Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes
- 12/10/2011: Podcast #1 Talking rubbish bins, the effects of swearing, what does 'masculine' mean and more
- 26/10/2011: Podcast #2 How our brains work; speaking in numbers, why women put on the “bling” when they’re ovulating and the reason why we yawn more in winter.
- 02/11/2011: Podcast #3 Why are humans walking faster; how heavy helmets are affecting our soliders overseas; just how clean are our mobile phones and other objects we come into contact with on a daily basis; how to 'muscle' will power
- 09/11/2011: Podcast #4 Spiky penii, why hard work is not always enough and the link between your favourite food and your personality (hint: sweet people are sweeter).
- 16/11/2011: Podcast #5 The impact of love songs on women; the different ways men and women speak; which songs and beats works best to get the compressions right during CPR
- 23/11/2011: Podcast #6 Is love a drug? The innate need for communication in humans; Twitter's links to the 17th century; How a certain bacteria can make you smarter and more
- 30/11/2011: Podcast #7: The habits of online daters; using the mind to do away with dietary urges; why the brain loves collaborating; the role of cooking in evolution and more
- 07/12/2011: Podcast#8: Can your ring finger reveal how promiscuous you are? Wendy espouses the benefits of hiring someone to virtually nag you and Terry takes us on a confusing thought-spiral through time and space.
- 14/12/2011: Podcast#9: Terry and Wendy discuss the many benefits of meditation and how meditators can switch off areas of brain associated with daydreaming. They also talk about how the benefits of exercising don't just lie in physical exertion, but in what you're not doing as well. We also find out what men think about all day. Is it just sex? The answers might surprise you!
- 21/12/2011: Podcast#10: Scientists have named this just-discovered planet 22B, report Wendy Harmer and Terry Robson. We can do better than that, can't we?
- 04/01/2012: Podcast#11: In need to therapy? Have a nap! New research has found sleep and dreaming to be a form of therapy.