I was thinking about my favourite things today. I like: green juice, warming soups, yummy smoothies (no surprises here)… and… I am a little bit methodical and organised (read geeky) so I also really like lists. When it came to what I don’t like, there was no hesitation: I don’t like over-complicating things. And that definitely applies to the world of health.
It’s easy to get caught up in the hype of the latest fad or to feel overwhelmed by the multitude of nutritional choices and suggestions out there. Breathe. It’s okay. You probably know a lot more than you realise. When it comes to living well and being healthy, I like to believe that you know best. You just have to tune into your body and get back to the basics.
To help you do so, I’ve compiled a list of super simple guidelines to living well. I’m guessing you know it all already but that’s kind of the point. Sometimes it’s good to remember that it’s not rocket science, that we already have all the information we need to be healthy and happy.
And because I’m a total list junkie, here’s… well, a list of…
10 simple health rules:
1. Always eat breakkie – king. of. meals.
2. Drink more water – nope, not 2 litres all at once… sip it, slowly
3. Know your food – make your own or find out what’s in the stuff you buy!
4. Read the label – look out for trans-fats, sugar and nasty additives
5. Keep moving – if you can’t do a workout, get your walk or stretch on
6. Get enough sleep – 6 hours min… find a routine that works for you
7. Identify your cravings – better yet, find a healthy way to enjoy them
8. Reduce your stress levels – ask yourself: will worrying change anything?
9. Listen to your body – are you hungry, thirsty, in need of some TLC?
10. Take the time to eat – food is there to enjoy!
You’re the boss. Tune into your awesomeness.