3 delicious recipes from Pearl River Bridge
Use Pearl River Bridge Superior Light Soy Sauce as a dipping sauce with your favourite Asian snacks, or add it to stir-fries and marinades for an extra flavour infusion. It’s so versatile!
Malaysian Soy Sauce Beef
- 450g beef flap or flank steak, cut into pieces
- 4 tbsp oil
- 4 shallots, sliced thinly (or ¼ onion, sliced)
- 6 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 3 tsp Pearl River Bridge Superior Light Soy Sauce, to taste
- Rinse beef with water and cut across the grain into pieces. Pat dry and set aside.
- Heat frying a pan with oil, add shallots and stir-fry until light brown. Add and stir a few times. Add seasoning sauces and stir to blend well with beef, then cook for a few mins until beef is cooked through.
- Dish up and serve immediately.
Chinese-Style Roast Chicken
- 3 tbsp Pearl River Bridge Superior Light Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp five-spice
- ½ tsp Chinese rose wine or Shaoxing wine
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 dashes white pepper
- 1 whole chicken, cleaned & patted dry
- 4 cloves garlic, lightly pounded
- 2½cm fresh ginger, peeled & sliced
- Skin Coating:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Mix marinade ingredients well in small bowl, then rub generously on skin of chicken and also in cavity. Insert garlic and ginger inside cavity and then transfer into plastic bag. Pour remaining marinade sauce into bag and marinate overnight.
- Remove chicken from bag, and discard garlic and ginger in cavity. Air dry chicken for about 30 mins at room temperature until skin surface is no longer wet.
- Mix skin coating ingredients well in small bowl and Set aside.
- Heat oven to 205°C. Place chicken in roasting pan and roast for about 45 mins on lower rack. Remove from oven, turn chicken and return to oven for 15 mins. Remove from oven after 1 hr and brush entire chicken with skin coating mixture.
- Continue to roast chicken for about 10 mins on each side until both sides are a golden-hued brown. Remove from oven and let cool, then chop up and serve immediately. Optionally, serve juice from chicken with steamed rice.
- 30g fresh kelp, cleaned & shredded thinly
- ½ tsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tsp dried red chili flakes (optional)
- Sliced lemon (optional)
- 1 tsp Pearl River Bridge Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Pearl River Bridge Superior Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- Pinch salt, to taste
- Bring saucepan of water to boil. Boil kelp until done. Drain and squeeze out excess water. Set aside to cool.
- Add all seasonings and ingredients to kelp and toss well, then serve.
For more information visit pearlriverbridge.com
Smoked Salmon with Zucchini Pasta Recipe
This gluten-free zucchini pasta recipe is perfect for summer days when you're craving pasta without that heavy carb feeling.
3 delicious afternoon tea recipes
Sink your teeth into these delicious snacks, made using locally- and responsibly-sourced flour from The Good Harvest Co., for the...
3 deliciously cheesy summer dinner recipes
These tasty dinner essentials are made using Aussie-made, Italian-style cheese from That’s Amore and are sure to become regulars in...