3 Italian classics to take you from breakfast to dessert
These recipes are sponsored by That’s Amore Cheese
Made using only the best quality farm fresh milk sourced in Victoria, That’s Amore Cheese produces award winning Italian-style cheeses that are proudly free of preservatives and artificial colours. Fiore di Burrata is fresh handmade mozzarella with a drop of seasoned cream in the centre. This cheese is a smaller version of the traditional Burrata and ideal for single portions. Once the cheese has been cut open the soft and creamy centre slowly runs onto the plate, making every dish decadent and delicious.
Broccolini Fritters With Burrata & Poached Egg
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 4 eggs
- 15g parsley, finely chopped
- 15g parmigiano, finely grated
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 175g That’s Amore Fiore di Burrata
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Chop the broccolini finely and place in a large bowl. Add 2 beaten eggs, parsley, parmesan, flour, salt and pepper and mix well until combined. Rest the mixture for 15 mins.
- In the meantime, drain 2 fiore di burrata from its water and set aside on a plate to dry.
- To cook the fritters heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Spoon 2 tbsp of the batter and flatten it slightly with the spoon. Repeat to make 4 fritters.
- Cook for 3 to 4 mins, flip and cook for a further 2 mins or until golden.
- To prepare the poached eggs, bring a pan of salted water to a light simmer. Crack each egg into a separate small bowl. Turn down the heat and gently pour each egg into the pan and poach for 3 mins. Using a slotted spoon, remove eggs from water.
- Place 2 fritters per plate and serve them with a poached egg and burrata on top.
- 8 large field mushrooms, stalks removed
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp sage leaves, finely chopped
- 125g breadcrumbs
- 150g That’s Amore Lavato Cheese, roughly chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place mushrooms, stalk-side up, in a baking tray. Drizzle over the olive oil and season.
- Melt butter in a frypan over medium heat. Add garlic and sage and sauté for 3 mins on low heat.
- Transfer to a bowl and add breadcrumbs, lavato cheese and egg, mix to combine.
- Spoon mixture over the mushrooms and roast for 30 mins or until golden. Serve with fried sage leaves on top.
- 300mL espresso coffee
- 4 eggs
- 50g raw honey
- Pinch of salt
- 500g Mascarpone
- 300g savoiardi biscuits
- 2 tbsp marsala liquor or brandy
- Dutch cocoa powder for dusting
- Make the coffee, set aside and leave it to cool.
- Separate egg whites from yolks in 2 different bowls.
- Whisk egg yolks with honey for 5-6 mins, until pale and fluffy. Add mascarpone and whisk gently until smooth.
- Whip the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff, add whites to the mascarpone mixture and fold gently. Set the cream aside.
- When your coffee is cool add marsala and stir. Dunk the savoiardi in the coffee, quickly and one at the time, and arrange them in a ceramic tray creating your first layer.
- Pour half of the cream mixture over the savoiardi layer. Add another layer of soaked biscuit and spread the remaining cream.
- Dust with cocoa powder and leave in the refrigerator to set for at least 4 hours or overnight.
MORE INSPIRATION English Baked Beans on Toast Tinned baked beans are full of sugar and salt. Once you’ve tried this recipe, you won’t buy tinned beans ever... Berry Bircher Are you in need of some breakfast inspiration? We think that Bircher muesli is one of the best breakfasts you... Mushroom, Tomato, Avocado & Greens on Sourdough Toast You can still enjoy a big Sunday brekkie on a whole-food plant-based diet. It’s delicious, nutritious and will make you...
English Baked Beans on Toast
Tinned baked beans are full of sugar and salt. Once you’ve tried this recipe, you won’t buy tinned beans ever...
Are you in need of some breakfast inspiration? We think that Bircher muesli is one of the best breakfasts you...
Mushroom, Tomato, Avocado & Greens on Sourdough Toast
You can still enjoy a big Sunday brekkie on a whole-food plant-based diet. It’s delicious, nutritious and will make you...