4 nourishing and delicious recipes from our sponsors, Corn Thins
See the recipes below for some of the delicious creations you can make with Corn Thins.
Peanut Butter & Banana Porridge with Ancient Grains Brittle
- Ancient Grains Brittle
- 6 Whole Grain Thins™ Ancient Grains slices, crushed
- ⅛ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- 110g caster sugar
- 60g glucose syrup
- 30g butter
- 2 cups gluten-free quick oats
- 2½ cups milk, plus extra to serve
- 3 bananas, peeled & chopped
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- To make Ancient Grains brittle combine crushed Ancient Grains slices with bicarb and salt. Stir sugar, glucose, butter and 30mL water in saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves, then bring mixture to the boil and cook to 150°C. Add crushed Ancient Grains mixture, quickly mix (it will foam) then spread on baking paper. Cool completely then break into pieces.
- To cook porridge, combine oats and milk in large saucepan and cook according to packet instructions.
- Divide porridge between four bowls. Swirl 1 tbsp peanut butter through each bowl of porridge then top with banana and crushed Ancient Grains brittle.
Radicchio, Gruyère, Grilled Leek & Mushroom
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ clove garlic (optional)
- 4cm leek, finely sliced
- Handful mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1-2 radicchio leaves, finely chopped
- 3 CORN THINS® or Whole Grain Thins™ Ancient Grains slices
- 50g Gruyère, thinly sliced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in frying pan. When warm add garlic (if desired), leek and mushrooms.
- Stir and cook mushrooms and leek until soft and slightly browned. Put aside to cool a little.
- Place radicchio on each CORN THINS® or Whole Grain Thins™ Ancient Grains slice, then layer on Gruyère. Top with mushroom and leek mix. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Coconut Yoghurt, Dragon Fruit, Strawberries & Blueberries
- 3 CORN THINS® slices or Whole Grain Thins™ Ancient Grains slices
- 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- ½ dragon fruit, sliced
- 6-9 strawberries, sliced
- 1 tbsp blueberries, halved
- Layer each CORN THINS® or Whole Grain Thins™ Ancient Grains slice with coconut yoghurt, then layer with dragon fruit, strawberries and blueberries.
- Serve immediately.
Baby Spinach, Goats Cheese, Strawberry, Pecan & Balsamic Glaze
- Handful baby spinach leaves
- 3 x CORN THINS® slices or Whole Grain Thins™ Ancient Grains slices
- 30-40g goat’s cheese
- 30g crushed pecans
- 3 large strawberries, thinly sliced
- Balsamic glaze
- Layer a few baby spinach leaves onto each CORN THINS® or Whole Grain Thins™ Ancient Grains slice, then crumble on goat’s cheese and crushed pecans.
- Add strawberry slices, then finally drizzle on the balsamic glaze.
Blissed out at Bitter Springs in Mataranka, Northern Territory
We journey to picturesque Mataranka, located at the Top End of Australia’s Northern Territory, and enjoy drifting through pandanus-fringed waterways...
Elderberries for the flu and how processed food may harm the heart
We take a look at elderberries for the flu and how processed food may harm the heart plus much more.
Sore joints? Learn how to treat arthritis naturally and gently
Arthritis is a common inflammatory condition affecting around 3.6 million Australians that is one of the leading causes of pain...
Clownfish disappearing, insects on the slide and other environmental news
Discover why clownfish disappearing, how much water is used to flush toilets and other environmental news.