Asian-Inspired Mushroom Risotto Recipe
Trust me when I say that an Asian mushroom risotto is one of the best comfort foods you can sink your teeth into. The creaminess of arborio rice works beautifully with mushrooms in traditional risottos, but here I’ve used mushrooms with more Asian flavours with tamari and a scrumptious miso butter to top it in place of parmesan cheese. It will be in your menu repertoire in no time at all.
GF, V, VG
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled & finely sliced
- 1½ cups arborio rice
- 300g mixed Asian gourmet mushrooms, sliced
- 1½ L vegetable stock
- 400g cooked pumpkin pieces (about 800g raw)
- 120g baby spinach
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 3 tsp tamari or gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 spring onions, white & green part finely sliced
- Miso Butter
- 60g butter, softened
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- Heat a large stockpot on medium heat and add oil and garlic, then cook for 1–2 mins.
- Add arborio rice and cook, stirring throughout, for 3-4 mins to toast the rice slightly.
- Add sliced mushrooms and 1 cup vegetable stock, stir and cook until liquid is almost absorbed, then add the next cup of vegetable stock and repeat, stirring frequently. The rice and mushrooms should take about 35–40 mins to cook.
- While the rice and mushrooms are cooking, place the butter and miso in a bowl and whip together until uniform in colour and consistency and set aside.
- After adding the final cup of stock, add the pumpkin pieces and baby spinach and cook until the rice is al dente and there is a touch of liquid to make the rice lovely and creamy.
- Stir through walnuts, drizzle with tamari, sprinkle with sliced spring onions and serve with miso butter dolloped on top.
Pork & Shiitake Gyoza Recipe
These delicious pork and shiitake gyozas are like a little flavour bomb, with crisp, caramelised base and the soft steamed...
Pan-fried Mushroom & Ginger Dumplings Recipe
Packed with nutrient-rich mushrooms and zesty ginger, these vegan dumplings are as nutritious as they are delicious.
Crumbed Oyster Mushroom Vegan Burger Recipe
This crumbed mushroom vegan burger with cashew creamed Sriracha offers a delicious plant-based dish for the whole family.