Asparagus Pita Pizza Recipe
I just love this simple vegetarian pizza dinner — perfect for Meat-Free Monday’s (a campaign that encourages us to try one meat-free day a week for reasons of health and the environment). Try finely slicing the asparagus into rounds if the chunky pieces are too much for you, or add a salty element by scattering over some olives or feta.
- 4 wholemeal pita pockets
- 4 tbsp organic tomato paste
- 20 fresh oregano leaves
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 12 asparagus spears
- Salt & pepper
- 4 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- Heat oven to 200ºC. Place pita bread rounds on non-stick baking tray. Spread each with 1 tbsp of tomato paste and sprinkle with 5 oregano leaves.
- Sprinkle mozzarella evenly over all four. Snap woody ends off asparagus, break into 3 pieces each and arrange on top. Season generously with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place tray on top shelf of oven and bake for 10 mins until cheese has melted and bases are crisp. Drizzle with olive oil to serve.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Kale and Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Want to eat more greens? Green leafy vegetables like kale are rich sources of vitamin K, which is a key...
Pumpkin and Chickpea Pasties Recipe
Mildly spiced, these Healthy Pumpkin and Chickpea Pasties are suitable for the whole family and are packed with fibre and...
Gluten-free Delicious Lemon Cakes Recipe
A long lazy lunch is not complete without something sweet to finish. These lemon cakes are very simple to make,...
Ploughman’s Board Recipe
Homemade seeded crackers are perfect for a ploughman’s board. Feel free to pick a selection of cheeses and add some...