Asparagus Pita Pizza Recipe
I just love this simple vegetarian pizza dinner — perfect for Meat-Free Monday’s (a campaign that encourages us to try one meat-free day a week for reasons of health and the environment). Try finely slicing the asparagus into rounds if the chunky pieces are too much for you, or add a salty element by scattering over some olives or feta.
- 4 wholemeal pita pockets
- 4 tbsp organic tomato paste
- 20 fresh oregano leaves
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 12 asparagus spears
- Salt & pepper
- 4 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- Heat oven to 200ºC. Place pita bread rounds on non-stick baking tray. Spread each with 1 tbsp of tomato paste and sprinkle with 5 oregano leaves.
- Sprinkle mozzarella evenly over all four. Snap woody ends off asparagus, break into 3 pieces each and arrange on top. Season generously with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place tray on top shelf of oven and bake for 10 mins until cheese has melted and bases are crisp. Drizzle with olive oil to serve.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Eggplant Stuffed with Lebanese Rice and Slow-Braised Beans Recipe
In this dish, try using flatbread to scoop up these saucy beans; it’s the traditional way to eat them.
Mexican Tortilla Cups Recipe
These tortilla cups are easy to make and pack a nutritional punch with protein from the eggs and lots of...
Rosemary Flaxseed Crackers Recipe
These gluten-free crackers make an ideal snack with dips and cheeses. Need a picnic idea?
Indian Spiced Cauliflower Recipe
This delicious and healthy dish is especially lovely served with basmati rice cooked in coconut milk.