Asparagus Pita Pizza Recipe
I just love this simple vegetarian pizza dinner — perfect for Meat-Free Monday’s (a campaign that encourages us to try one meat-free day a week for reasons of health and the environment). Try finely slicing the asparagus into rounds if the chunky pieces are too much for you, or add a salty element by scattering over some olives or feta.
- 4 wholemeal pita pockets
- 4 tbsp organic tomato paste
- 20 fresh oregano leaves
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 12 asparagus spears
- Salt & pepper
- 4 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- Heat oven to 200ºC. Place pita bread rounds on non-stick baking tray. Spread each with 1 tbsp of tomato paste and sprinkle with 5 oregano leaves.
- Sprinkle mozzarella evenly over all four. Snap woody ends off asparagus, break into 3 pieces each and arrange on top. Season generously with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place tray on top shelf of oven and bake for 10 mins until cheese has melted and bases are crisp. Drizzle with olive oil to serve.
3 Gnocchi Recipes to Bring the Taste of Italy to Your Dinner Table
Made using Grand Italian's authentic pasta, these quick and easy gnocchi recipes are bursting with the flavours of Italy that...
High-Protein Bircher Bowl Recipe
This Bircher bowl is a delicious vegetarian breakfast you can make the night before, packed with flavour, texture and colour...
Mexican Corn Fritters & Avocado Salsa Recipe
These corn fritters are a fun and tasty twist on traditional corn fritters, packed full of colourful vegetables and served...
Corn, Kale & Mushroom Bake Recipe
Stacked with colour, flavour and texture, this humble vegetarian breakfast bake makes for a quick, healthy and tasty mid-week meal...