Autumn Fish Pie Recipe
This fresh, light and nourishing meal is the perfect pie for this time of year. It’s also super simple to make, just the way I like it! Try to choose an all butter, additive-free puff pastry to top it.
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 sticks celery, grated
- 150g aged cheddar cheese, grated
- Large handful baby spinach, chopped
- Handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 4–5 spears asparagus, cut into 2cm pieces
- 4 spring onions, white part only, sliced
- 400g salmon or trout fillets, skinless
- 150g white fish, skinless
- 100g hot smoked salmon fillet
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Zest & juice 1 large lemon
- Good pinch sea salt
- Grind black pepper
- 1 sheet all-butter puff pastry
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Grease pie or casserole dish.
- Place grated carrot, celery and cheese in large mixing bowl. Add chopped spinach, parsley, asparagus and spring onion.
- Cut fish into 2–3cm pieces and flake smoked salmon. Add to the rest of ingredients.
- In small bowl, mix together Dijon mustard, lemon zest and juice and seasoning until well combined. Pour into large mixing bowl and mix well to combine and coat vegetables and fish.
- Place in pie or casserole dish and top with puff pastry, sealing edges around dish. Make a couple of small incisions in pastry.
- Bake for 30–35 mins until pastry is golden. Enjoy immediately.
Find healthy boundaries in your work, life and love
Honouring your personal boundaries is more than an act of self-care; it’s a fundamental practice to support your overall health...
4 recipes for a healthy and long life
Adopt a food-is-medicine approach and reap the benefits of an anti-inflammatory diet for a wholesome, healthy and long life.
4 delicious and healthy recipes from our sponsors, Corn Thins
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make with Corn Thins.
Sponsor Recipes: Bio-Beet Kvass
Discover some of the delicious creations you can make with Bio-Beet Kvass.