Baked Vegetables and Hummus Recipe
You can choose some or all the vegetables I have used and serve this dish hot, warm or at room temperature.
- 4 small carrots, peeled & halved lengthways
- 1 small beetroot, peeled & quartered
- 1 small baby eggplant, cut into rounds
- 1 cob corn, cut into rounds
- 1 red onion, peeled & quartered
- 1 small sweet potato, washed & cut into rounds
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded & diced
- 1 small zucchini, cut lengthways into eighths
- 6-8 asparagus spears, halved
- 6-8 cauliflower florets
- 6-8 broccoli florets
- Parsley or basil leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line large baking tray with baking paper (or 2 medium sized trays).
- Drizzle carrots, beetroot, eggplant, corn, red onion and sweet potato (firmer vegetables) with enough olive oil to coat, add about half the balsamic, a good pinch of sea salt and a grind of black pepper and toss well to coat.
- Arrange on baking tray in single layer and cook for 15 mins.
- While firmer vegetables are cooking, prepare softer vegetables. Coat capsicum, zucchini, asparagus, cauliflower and broccoli with oil, remaining vinegar and seasoning, as for other vegetables.
- After 15 mins, add to harder vegetables in single layer (you may need to use a second tray) and cook for another 15 mins.
- 425g tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- ½-1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 tbsp hulled tahini (halve if using unhulled)
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 good pinches sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Juice ½ lemon
- Make hummus by processing chickpeas and garlic to coarse paste.
- Add remaining ingredients and process to puree. Taste and adjust seasoning and lemon juice to taste.
- Check vegetables are cooked to your liking. Smear large plate with hummus and top with baked vegetables and parsley or basil leaves.
Beetroot and Flaxseed Hummus Recipe
Hummus is such a great food and so easy to make. This version is both colourful and delicious.
Chocolate Cherry Bites Recipe
These healthy chocolatey, cherry and coconutty raw, refined sugar-, gluten- and dairy-free treats are perfect bite-sized snacking.
Chocolate Nougat Bars Recipe
Looking for a nutty chocolate treat? Well, forget that pre-packaged chocolate bar and check out these dairy-, gluten- and refined-sugar-free...
Timut Pepper and Smoked Paprika Popcorn Recipe
Why not have a bit of fun with this recipe and create smoky, spicy adult popcorn! Feel free to add...