Baked Vegetables and Hummus Recipe
You can choose some or all the vegetables I have used and serve this dish hot, warm or at room temperature.
- 4 small carrots, peeled & halved lengthways
- 1 small beetroot, peeled & quartered
- 1 small baby eggplant, cut into rounds
- 1 cob corn, cut into rounds
- 1 red onion, peeled & quartered
- 1 small sweet potato, washed & cut into rounds
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded & diced
- 1 small zucchini, cut lengthways into eighths
- 6-8 asparagus spears, halved
- 6-8 cauliflower florets
- 6-8 broccoli florets
- Parsley or basil leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line large baking tray with baking paper (or 2 medium sized trays).
- Drizzle carrots, beetroot, eggplant, corn, red onion and sweet potato (firmer vegetables) with enough olive oil to coat, add about half the balsamic, a good pinch of sea salt and a grind of black pepper and toss well to coat.
- Arrange on baking tray in single layer and cook for 15 mins.
- While firmer vegetables are cooking, prepare softer vegetables. Coat capsicum, zucchini, asparagus, cauliflower and broccoli with oil, remaining vinegar and seasoning, as for other vegetables.
- After 15 mins, add to harder vegetables in single layer (you may need to use a second tray) and cook for another 15 mins.
- 425g tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- ½-1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 tbsp hulled tahini (halve if using unhulled)
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 good pinches sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Juice ½ lemon
- Make hummus by processing chickpeas and garlic to coarse paste.
- Add remaining ingredients and process to puree. Taste and adjust seasoning and lemon juice to taste.
- Check vegetables are cooked to your liking. Smear large plate with hummus and top with baked vegetables and parsley or basil leaves.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Zucchini Chips Recipe
Who says chips can’t be healthy? Think outside the potato square and make yourself a crunchy snack that’s also a...
Ricotta, Pesto and Roasted Tomato on Bruschetta Recipe
Tomatoes can help to dampen inflammation in the body. Enjoy this lovely take on bruschetta.
Sweet Potato Chips with Vegan Tartare Sauce Recipe
Sweet potatoes are a delicious, comforting snack that, when paired with the tartare, becomes unforgettable!