Banana Nice-Cream Cake with Honey Almond Crunch Recipe
One medium banana contains around 2.7g of your daily dietary fibre intake. Fibre works to keep you regular, preventing constipation and helping to reduce the risk of bowel cancer. Bananas are also one of the few fruits that contain a type of fibre called resistant starch, which supports and maintains the health of our colons by promoting healthy levels of “friendly” bowel bacteria.
- ¾ cup whole raw almonds
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup oats
- ⅓ cup raw almonds
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 ripe bananas
- ¾ cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 heaped tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- To make topping, place almonds in small bowl and drizzle with honey. Mix until almonds are coated.
- Place on baking tray with baking paper and bake for 10 mins.
- Let almonds cool then roughly chop.
- Place base ingredients in food processor and blend until well combined.
- Line cheesecake tin with baking paper. Place base in tin and press down evenly.
- Place in freezer for 15 mins.
- Add all filling ingredients to food processor and blend until well combined.
- Pour over your base and return to freezer for 4 hours or overnight, until set.
- Top with honey almonds and leave out of freezer for 5 mins before serving to allow it to soften a little.
Bubble and Squeak Recipe
For me, English food is comfort food, especially bubble and squeak. This dish takes me back to my childhood —...
Lemongrass and Ginger Vegie Stir Fry Recipe
The secret to making a quick and healthy stir-fry is to chop and measure out all your ingredients before you...
Mushroom and Thyme Pasta Recipe
This pasta is one of my favourite vegetarian midweek meals. It’s quick and easy to make and really tasty. You...
Crispy Vegetable Pilaf with Chickpeas and Preserved Lemon Recipe
This is even quicker if you have the rice left over from a previous night and ready to go. Simple...