Banana Nice-Cream Cake with Honey Almond Crunch Recipe
One medium banana contains around 2.7g of your daily dietary fibre intake. Fibre works to keep you regular, preventing constipation and helping to reduce the risk of bowel cancer. Bananas are also one of the few fruits that contain a type of fibre called resistant starch, which supports and maintains the health of our colons by promoting healthy levels of “friendly” bowel bacteria.
- ¾ cup whole raw almonds
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup oats
- ⅓ cup raw almonds
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 ripe bananas
- ¾ cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 heaped tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- To make topping, place almonds in small bowl and drizzle with honey. Mix until almonds are coated.
- Place on baking tray with baking paper and bake for 10 mins.
- Let almonds cool then roughly chop.
- Place base ingredients in food processor and blend until well combined.
- Line cheesecake tin with baking paper. Place base in tin and press down evenly.
- Place in freezer for 15 mins.
- Add all filling ingredients to food processor and blend until well combined.
- Pour over your base and return to freezer for 4 hours or overnight, until set.
- Top with honey almonds and leave out of freezer for 5 mins before serving to allow it to soften a little.
Supercharged Cataplana-Style Seafood Stew Recipe
This Portuguese-inspired seafood stew is full of delicious flavours and fibre-rich vegies. It’s the perfect one-pot wonder for mid-week meals....
Sago with Coconut, Nectarine and Lemon Verbena Recipe
This heavenly flavour combination makes a gorgeous breakfast or a lovely dessert. If you can’t get hold of any lemon...
Cauliflower Rice Salad Recipe
Build this into a meal by serving it with grilled tempeh, tofu, chicken, pork or seafood. Enjoy our cauliflower rice...
Bahn Mi Recipe
You can use any cut of pork in these rolls and even chicken is a great option. Enjoy our delicious...