Beef Massaman Recipe
Many studies have confirmed the benefits of eating curry for supporting brain health and memory, and reducing cognitive decline. This Beef Massaman is a nutritionally balanced meal offering quality protein, good fats and plant-based carbohydrates to support and nourish your body (and delight your taste buds). Don’t be put off by the long list of ingredients — it’s actually a very quick and easy meal to prepare and the end result is phenomenally delicious.
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3–4cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 whole red chilli
- 5 whole cardamom pods
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 400mL coconut milk
- 250mL chicken broth or stock
- 100mL water
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Start with making sauce. In food processor, add garlic, ginger, chilli and cardamom pods. Process to chop ingredients.
- Add in all spices, fish sauce, salt, pepper, coconut sugar, coconut milk, broth or stock and water. Blend well.
- 1kg (approx.) grass-fed chuck steak, diced into 4–5cm pieces
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 3 stems celery, diced
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 2 star anise
- 4 medium carrots, diced
- 4 small potatoes, peeled & diced
- 4–5 kale leaves, roughly chopped
- Juice 1 lime
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves only, chopped
- Place beef, onion, celery, kaffir lime, cinnamon quills and star anise in large ovenproof dish with lid.
- Pour over curry sauce and mix well.
- Cook for 3 hours, lid on.
- After 3 hours, remove from oven and add in carrots and potato and pop back in oven with lid on for another 30 mins.
- When ready to eat, mix in kale and lime juice. Allow to rest for 5 mins and serve with coriander leaves.
Sponsor Recipes: Bake Mixes
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make with Bake Mixes.
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
If you’re not normally a lover of Brussels sprouts, this dish is sure to turn you into a fan! The...
Sponsor Recipes: Golden Door
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make with McKenzie’s.
Sponsor Recipes: Tilda Products
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make with Tilda Products.