Beef Stir-Fry with Peaches
This dish is satisfyingly balanced when it comes to savoury and sweet flavours, as well as crunchy and juicy textures. My favourite part? This dish is popping with colour, which makes my food-styling heart sing with joy. It’s the little things, isn’t it? Next time you walk into your house at a time that’s far too late to start organising a five-star gourmet feast, think of me and, of course, our beloved stir-fry.
- 1 tbsp sesame oil or coconut oil
- 300g beef rump or sirloin, cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 peaches or nectarines, halved, stone removed & cut into wedges
- 800g buk choy
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos or wheat-free tamari
- 2 tbsp rice-malt or maple syrup
- Rice, to serve
- Heat sesame oil in wok over medium–high heat and stir-fry beef strips until browned, working in batches if necessary.
- Add garlic, ginger and chilli, and stir-fry for 1 min.
- Add peaches and cook for 3 mins, or until caramelised. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- Return wok to heat, add buk choy and aminos, and stir until buk choy has wilted.
- Add rice-malt syrup and return beef and peaches to wok, stirring gently to warm through.
- Serve with rice.