Beetroot Carpaccio with Maple Roasted Pepitas and Feta Recipe
Did you know there are many different varieties of beetroot and different colours, too? From the common red variety to white, yellow, striped and so on, all are powerhouses of goodness. Beetroot contains many vitamins, minerals and protective phytonutrients that reduce inflammation and support liver detoxification.
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Good pinch sea salt
- 3 medium-sized beetroots (try to get three different colours), peeled & sliced thinly
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- A few sprigs parsley, leaves picked from stems
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice ½ lemon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp horseradish cream
- Roast pumpkin seeds on tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with maple syrup and sea salt. Toss to coat.
- Pop under moderate grill for 10 mins or so. Watch carefully so they don't burn, tossing every few minutes.
- Arrange beetroot slices on large plate.
- Make dressing by combining all ingredients in small bowl or jar. Drizzle over beetroot and allow to sit for at least 10 mins (to infuse beetroot with flavour).
- Once pumpkin seeds are toasted, allow to cool.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds, feta and parsley over beetroot.
Indian-Spiced Mince with Peas Recipe
Dinner doesn’t get any more budget friendly, easier or tastier than this Indian Spiced Mince with Peas. It’s one of...
Roast Cauliflower Chicken Bake Recipe
This is such an easy dish to feed the whole family. Top this Roast Cauliflower Chicken Bake with the Tahini...
Beef Massaman Recipe
This Beef Massaman is a nutritionally balanced meal offering quality protein, good fats and plant-based carbohydrates to support and nourish...
Mediterranean Fish Recipe
You don’t even need to make a fish stock for this dish — the anchovies add a great depth of...