Beetroot-Cured Salmon with Tarragon and Dill Recipe
Although this recipe takes time, the effort is minimal and the result is beautiful! Salmon gives us a delicious dose of anti-inflammatory essential fatty acids and the earthy beetroot complements the dish.
- 400–450g fillet salmon, skin on & deboned
- 1 beetroot, peeled & grated
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- ½ cup rock salt
- 1 tbsp rapadura sugar
- 25g fresh horseradish, grated
- 1½ tbsp vodka or gin (optional)
- ¼ cup dill, chopped
- ¼ cup tarragon, chopped
- Horseradish cream, to serve
- Place salmon, skin side down, in dish around same size as it, with sides of at least 10cm.
- In separate bowl, mix together remaining ingredients, except herbs, and let sit for a few mins.
- Stir again (juices will have begun to leach from beetroot).
- Cover salmon with beetroot mix.
- Cover well with plastic wrap, tucking down sides to cover salmon as best you can.
- Place heavy plate or dish on top to weigh it down a little and compress mix into salmon.
- Place in fridge and allow to cure for at least 12 hours, up to 36 hours.
- Remove from fridge, take salmon out of dish and, holding over the sink, carefully rub off beetroot mix. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Place on cutting board and arrange dill and tarragon on top, gently pressing onto salmon.
- Using sharp knife, slice salmon as thinly as possible, stopping just before skin so as not to include in slices.
- Serve topped with a little horseradish cream, as is, on dense bread or as part of larger platter.
Healthy Vegan Lettuce and Chickpea Wraps Recipe
Spoon a third of a cup of the chickpea filling into the lettuce leaves and serve, as finger food. The...
Herb and Goat’s Cheese Omelette Recipe
This omelette is high in protein, can be packed with vegies and is quick to prepare. Try this Herb and...
Roasted Sweet Potato Chips with Beans and Feta Recipe
Sometimes you just need something simple and easy to make but delicious to end the day with. Try this Roasted...