Beetroot and Feta Croquette Appetiser Recipe
These simple croquettes are really easy to make and a delicious, colourful appetiser. Beetroot is a rich source of fibre and a unique source of betaine, a nutrient that is known to protect against inflammation. Combined with feta and encased in a crunchy crumb, it is one of my favourite ways to enjoy this delicious vegetable.
Makes: approx. 15
- 1 medium beetroot, peeled & diced into 1cm pieces
- 1 medium potatoes, peeled & diced into 2cm pieces
- 180g feta cheese
- 3 spring onions, white part finely diced
- Black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup flour of choice
- 2 eggs, whisked
- ⅔ cup rice crumbs
- Place the beetroot and potato in a steamer and steam until both are cooked until tender. Mash roughly and then crumble through the feta cheese, mixing well with the spring onion and pepper. Allow to cool slightly. With damp hands, roll into golf-ball-sized balls.
- Place the flour, egg and rice crumbs in three separate shallow bowls. Coat the croquettes in a dusting of flour, then dip in the egg wash and then the rice crumbs.
- Heat about 1cm of olive oil in a small frying pan until the oil sizzles when you drop a few crumbs in. Cook the croquettes in batches, turning until they are golden brown on all sides.
- Sit on a paper towel to drain excess oil and serve immediately.
Lemon Risotto Croquettes with Pesto Recipe
These delicious gluten-free croquettes are perfect served as an appetiser or as a vegetarian meal topped with marinara sauce, parmesan...
Coconut & Hemp Crumbed Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Pumped with plant protein and essential fats, these gluten-free crumbed Brussels sprouts are the ultimate vegan snack, side or lunch!
Mushroom & Pea Brown Rice Risotto Recipe
Looking for a wholesome dinner option? Try this plant-based brown rice risotto, full of fresh veggies and flavours for a...