Beetroot, Maple and Pecans Salad Recipe
Beetroot is my favourite vegetable to use root to stem. The whole plant is bursting with so much nourishment and it’s super delicious when combined with this tasty dressing and the sweet protein-rich pecans.
Serves: 4 as a side
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup currants
- Pinch sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 4 medium beetroots, washed & leaves trimmed
- 50g (approx.) beetroot leaves & stems (the inner, younger leaves are best)
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 100g watercress
- 100g feta cheese
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients together in jar and set aside for at least 1 hour (you could also make this a day ahead).
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- For salad, cut beetroot into quarters and steam for 15–20 mins or until tender enough for knife or fork to slide in easily. Once cooked, allow to cool before removing skin by rubbing with a cloth or peeling.
- Finely dice stems and add to steamer to cook for 3–5 mins (or until just tender). Allow to cool fully.
- While beetroot is cooking, toss pecans with maple syrup and roast for 10 mins.
- Just before serving, assemble salad by placing all ingredients in serving bowl and tossing through dressing.
- Enjoy immediately.
Lemony Herb Crackers Recipe
If you think you can’t have the perfect cracker in less than 15 mins, then think again. These simple and...
Oat and Coconut Thumb Print Biscuits Recipe
A great snack that’s nourishing and delicious, these biscuits are packed with oats and almonds, which deliver sustained energy and...
Jam-Packed Ricepaper Rolls Recipe
Packing these ricepaper rolls with wholesome ingredients you can create delicious parcels that will make your insides and outsides happy....
Sponsor Recipes: The Culture Co. share 3 healthy recipes
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make The Culture Co. products like a healthy Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl...