Beetroot, Maple and Pecans Salad Recipe
Beetroot is my favourite vegetable to use root to stem. The whole plant is bursting with so much nourishment and it’s super delicious when combined with this tasty dressing and the sweet protein-rich pecans.
Serves: 4 as a side
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup currants
- Pinch sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 4 medium beetroots, washed & leaves trimmed
- 50g (approx.) beetroot leaves & stems (the inner, younger leaves are best)
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 100g watercress
- 100g feta cheese
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients together in jar and set aside for at least 1 hour (you could also make this a day ahead).
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- For salad, cut beetroot into quarters and steam for 15–20 mins or until tender enough for knife or fork to slide in easily. Once cooked, allow to cool before removing skin by rubbing with a cloth or peeling.
- Finely dice stems and add to steamer to cook for 3–5 mins (or until just tender). Allow to cool fully.
- While beetroot is cooking, toss pecans with maple syrup and roast for 10 mins.
- Just before serving, assemble salad by placing all ingredients in serving bowl and tossing through dressing.
- Enjoy immediately.
Mushroom and Zucchini Risotto Recipe
Porcini mushrooms give this risotto a rich, earthy flavour. If you have leftovers, form them into balls or patties and...
Tips and recipes to help balance your nervous system
There is a direct and proven link between the food you eat and the health of your nervous system and...
Barley, White Bean and Mushroom Risotto Recipe
This is a gorgeous, hearty take on risotto using barley instead of rice, which delivers a lovely chewy, nutty flavour...
Pumpkin, Basil and Buckwheat Risotto Recipe
The traditional rice-based risotto has been given a wholesome twist in this recipe. The buckwheat gives a divine nuttiness to...