Beetroot, Maple and Pecans Salad Recipe
Beetroot is my favourite vegetable to use root to stem. The whole plant is bursting with so much nourishment and it’s super delicious when combined with this tasty dressing and the sweet protein-rich pecans.
Serves: 4 as a side
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup currants
- Pinch sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 4 medium beetroots, washed & leaves trimmed
- 50g (approx.) beetroot leaves & stems (the inner, younger leaves are best)
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 100g watercress
- 100g feta cheese
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients together in jar and set aside for at least 1 hour (you could also make this a day ahead).
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- For salad, cut beetroot into quarters and steam for 15–20 mins or until tender enough for knife or fork to slide in easily. Once cooked, allow to cool before removing skin by rubbing with a cloth or peeling.
- Finely dice stems and add to steamer to cook for 3–5 mins (or until just tender). Allow to cool fully.
- While beetroot is cooking, toss pecans with maple syrup and roast for 10 mins.
- Just before serving, assemble salad by placing all ingredients in serving bowl and tossing through dressing.
- Enjoy immediately.
Japanese Poke Bowl Recipe
Like a party on a plate, this Japanese Poke bowl is so much fun to eat! Try our Japanese Poke...
Spiced Carrot Dip Recipe
Mad for carrots? We are too! They are a regular player in our snack bag on the run. Try our...
Zucchini, Mint and Haloumi Fritters Recipe
These easy-to-make fritters are delicious and nourishing finger food for a picnic. Try our Zucchini, Mint and Haloumi Fritters today
Tofu and Kale Braised in Coconut and Chilli Recipe
Enjoy this kale dish seasoned and dressed in cooling coconut milk and spiced up with a little bit of chilli!