Black Bean Noodle Stir-Fry Recipe
Black bean noodle is a wonderful ingredient and a great source of protein. When they’re served with vegies, you can be assured you’re eating a healthy and balanced meal.
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ½ cup rice-wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 300g black bean noodles
- 1 onion, sliced into half-moons
- 1 carrot, sliced into thin diagonals
- 1 red capsicum, sliced into thin strips
- 1 broccoli head, broken into small florets, stem cut into matchsticks
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- Handful snow peas, strings removed
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- To prepare stir-fry sauce, mix all ingredients in bowl and set aside.
- Pour 4 cups boiling water into saucepan. Add noodles to boiling water. Separate noodles and boil for 8–10 mins.
- Add splash of water to hot wok. Add onion and sauté for 2 mins. Add carrot, capsicum and broccoli stems and stir over high heat. Add mushroom and broccoli florets. Add another splash of water and stir-fry for 2 mins.
- Add sauce and stir until sauce begins to boil and thicken. Add snow peas. Add drained noodles. Mix noodles through and serve, topped with sesame seeds.
Are you ready to join the coconut craze?
You see them everywhere — cracked open and ready to drink at fresh food markets and cold-pressed into jars at...
Tahini Cumin Dressing Recipe
This is my Middle-Eastern-inspired dressing which I use on anything from salads to roasted vegetables; it’s especially good on roasted...
An in-depth look at leafy greens and their health benefits
You’ve heard about the superfood powers of chia and blueberries but, lurking in the vegetable aisle of the supermarket and...
Cranberry and Oat Cookies Recipe
Cranberries are rich in protective antioxidants, vitamin A and K — all-important nutrients needed to promote healthy eyes and good...