Black Pepper Garlic Tempeh
I love this little dish because it really packs a flavour punch! Not to mention the protein, iron and magnesium from the star ingredient — tempeh. Feel free to substitute tofu if you prefer.
GF, V, VG
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped
- Good pinch salt
- 1 small brown onion, peeled & sliced
- 150g marinated tempeh, sliced into finger-sized strips
- 1 tbsp tamari
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 spring onion
- Place frying pan over low heat and add oil, garlic, salt and onion and cook for around 15 mins, stirring until onion is soft.
- Increase heat to medium and add tempeh, cooking on each side until golden.
- Add tamari and black pepper, stirring to combine.
- Remove from heat and serve topped with spring onion for garnish alongside extra vegetables or your favourite grain.
3 plant-based desserts for a guilt-free after dinner treat
Sweet treats don't have to mean processed junk. These recipes are deliciously indulgent while providing a hit of fibre, protein...
4 vegan desserts even non-vegans will love
Following a plant-based diet shouldn't mean missing out on any of the fun. Try these 4 vegan desserts developed by...
Vegan Rainbow Goulash
Traditionally, Hungarian goulash is made with meat as the base. This is a delicious vegan version that incorporates chickpeas and...