Blackberry and Blueberry Tart Recipe
Berries are a fantastic source of protective antioxidants that fight free-radical damage in the body, offering protection against chronic illnesses such as cardiovascular disease and cancer. Berries are also a skin-loving food that helps to prevent premature ageing.
Makes: 4 tarts
- 1 punnet blueberries
- 1 punnet blackberries
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 sheets shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar, for topping
- Coconut or natural yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place blueberries and blackberries in medium bowl and toss with coconut sugar.
- Cut pastry into 4 quarters.
- Divide berry mixture evenly into each quarter.
- Bring edges of pastry up, folding them over a little so berries are half covered.
- Brush pastry with egg and sprinkle with coconut sugar.
- Bake for 35–40 mins or until golden-brown.
- Serve warm topped with yoghurt.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Silverbeet, Basil and Feta Rolls Recipe
These rolls are a quick and easy lunch or dinner and perfect for fussy eaters! Why not try them out...
Vegetarian Samosas Recipe
Adding curry powder to dishes is a wonderful way to promote better health. Try these delicious vegetarian samosas tonight with...
Rocket and Macadamia Pesto Recipe
Macadamia nuts help make this pesto extra creamy. They are a rich source of healthy mono-unsaturated fats, which are good...