Blackberry and Blueberry Tart Recipe
Berries are a fantastic source of protective antioxidants that fight free-radical damage in the body, offering protection against chronic illnesses such as cardiovascular disease and cancer. Berries are also a skin-loving food that helps to prevent premature ageing.
Makes: 4 tarts
- 1 punnet blueberries
- 1 punnet blackberries
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 sheets shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar, for topping
- Coconut or natural yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place blueberries and blackberries in medium bowl and toss with coconut sugar.
- Cut pastry into 4 quarters.
- Divide berry mixture evenly into each quarter.
- Bring edges of pastry up, folding them over a little so berries are half covered.
- Brush pastry with egg and sprinkle with coconut sugar.
- Bake for 35–40 mins or until golden-brown.
- Serve warm topped with yoghurt.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Chocolate Pots Recipe
This is a fantastic recipe to put together quickly so you have a tasty chocolate dessert. Enjoy our delicious Chocolate...
Quinoa-Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
The combination of protein from the quinoa, carbohydrate via the vegetables and essential fats from the walnuts makes this one...
Onion Cake Recipe
Have you ever tried a German onion cake? Traditionally, they are prepared with white wheat flour and a cream and...
Pho Chay Recipe
A Vietnamese delight, pho is a popular dish that’s versatile and delicious. Pho chay is the vegetarian version and, despite...