Blackberry and Blueberry Tart Recipe
Berries are a fantastic source of protective antioxidants that fight free-radical damage in the body, offering protection against chronic illnesses such as cardiovascular disease and cancer. Berries are also a skin-loving food that helps to prevent premature ageing.
Makes: 4 tarts
- 1 punnet blueberries
- 1 punnet blackberries
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 sheets shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar, for topping
- Coconut or natural yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place blueberries and blackberries in medium bowl and toss with coconut sugar.
- Cut pastry into 4 quarters.
- Divide berry mixture evenly into each quarter.
- Bring edges of pastry up, folding them over a little so berries are half covered.
- Brush pastry with egg and sprinkle with coconut sugar.
- Bake for 35–40 mins or until golden-brown.
- Serve warm topped with yoghurt.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Kale and Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Want to eat more greens? Green leafy vegetables like kale are rich sources of vitamin K, which is a key...
Pumpkin and Chickpea Pasties Recipe
Mildly spiced, these Healthy Pumpkin and Chickpea Pasties are suitable for the whole family and are packed with fibre and...
Gluten-free Delicious Lemon Cakes Recipe
A long lazy lunch is not complete without something sweet to finish. These lemon cakes are very simple to make,...
Ploughman’s Board Recipe
Homemade seeded crackers are perfect for a ploughman’s board. Feel free to pick a selection of cheeses and add some...