Brown Rice Celery Salad with Celery Leaf Pesto Recipe
This is a celery celebration! I love celery leaf pesto and find it a wonderful way to use the abundant leaves of this lovely lanky vegetable. You can also use celery leaves as you would parsley in your cooking, as a garnish or in salads, etc.
- Celery Leaf Pesto
- 2 cups celery leaves
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & roughly chopped
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup cashews, pinenuts or almonds
- ¼–½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp celery leaf pesto (recipe above)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- Large handful crumbled feta
- Small handful parsley leaves
- ¼ tsp sea salt, more to taste
- For pesto, add leaves, garlic and salt to mortar and use pestle to crush for a few mins. Add cashews and roughly crush into mix.
- When happy with consistency, stir through oil and cheese, taste and add salt to taste if necessary.
- Alternatively, use blender for this process, however I like the chunky, textured result you get from using a mortar and pestle.
- For salad, cook brown rice according to absorption method.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast hazelnuts in low oven for a few mins, until just starting to take colour and become fragrant. Once cool, roughly chop.
- Combine all salad ingredients, mixing well, taste and add a little olive oil if necessary.
Egg Salad Cos Cups Recipe
Create a fun dish to have at your next picnic that looks impressive! Try our Egg salad cos cups recipe...
Rainbow Salad in a Jar Recipe
Finding ways of eating good food on the go saves money and ensures you make a great choices. Enjoy our...
Beetroot, Maple and Pecans Salad Recipe
The beetroot plant is bursting with so much nourishment and it’s super delicious when combined with this tasty dressing and...