Brown Rice Celery Salad with Celery Leaf Pesto Recipe
This is a celery celebration! I love celery leaf pesto and find it a wonderful way to use the abundant leaves of this lovely lanky vegetable. You can also use celery leaves as you would parsley in your cooking, as a garnish or in salads, etc.
- Celery Leaf Pesto
- 2 cups celery leaves
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & roughly chopped
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup cashews, pinenuts or almonds
- ¼–½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp celery leaf pesto (recipe above)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- Large handful crumbled feta
- Small handful parsley leaves
- ¼ tsp sea salt, more to taste
- For pesto, add leaves, garlic and salt to mortar and use pestle to crush for a few mins. Add cashews and roughly crush into mix.
- When happy with consistency, stir through oil and cheese, taste and add salt to taste if necessary.
- Alternatively, use blender for this process, however I like the chunky, textured result you get from using a mortar and pestle.
- For salad, cook brown rice according to absorption method.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast hazelnuts in low oven for a few mins, until just starting to take colour and become fragrant. Once cool, roughly chop.
- Combine all salad ingredients, mixing well, taste and add a little olive oil if necessary.
Zucchini and Mint Salad Recipe
You can keep the zucchini raw if you prefer a fresh and crunchy texture or cook the zucchini in hot...
Okra, Haloumi & Bulgur Salad Recipe
The combination of pan-fried okra, haloumi, pomegranate and fresh herbs makes this salad a simple weekday dish. Okra often has...
Okra Panzanella Recipe
I love adding olives and roasted capsicum to this traditional Tuscan-inspired recipe. The addition of pan-fried okra and lemon gives...
Fresh Vietnamese Salad Recipe
The key to this salad is the Vietnamese mint! If you’ can't find any, use a combination of Thai basil...