Brown Rice Celery Salad with Celery Leaf Pesto Recipe
This is a celery celebration! I love celery leaf pesto and find it a wonderful way to use the abundant leaves of this lovely lanky vegetable. You can also use celery leaves as you would parsley in your cooking, as a garnish or in salads, etc.
- Celery Leaf Pesto
- 2 cups celery leaves
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & roughly chopped
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup cashews, pinenuts or almonds
- ¼–½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp celery leaf pesto (recipe above)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- Large handful crumbled feta
- Small handful parsley leaves
- ¼ tsp sea salt, more to taste
- For pesto, add leaves, garlic and salt to mortar and use pestle to crush for a few mins. Add cashews and roughly crush into mix.
- When happy with consistency, stir through oil and cheese, taste and add salt to taste if necessary.
- Alternatively, use blender for this process, however I like the chunky, textured result you get from using a mortar and pestle.
- For salad, cook brown rice according to absorption method.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast hazelnuts in low oven for a few mins, until just starting to take colour and become fragrant. Once cool, roughly chop.
- Combine all salad ingredients, mixing well, taste and add a little olive oil if necessary.
Beetroot, Maple and Pecans Salad Recipe
The beetroot plant is bursting with so much nourishment and it’s super delicious when combined with this tasty dressing and...
Roasted Beetroot Salad Recipe
Beetroot greens are not to be underestimated. They are rich in antioxidants, potassium, vitamin B6, manganese, copper, vitamin A, calcium...
Pick-Me-Up Broccolini, Chickpea and Avocado Salad with Miso Dressing Recipe
This delightful salad is an explosion of plant-based protein, gut-loving fibre, healthy fats and a whole slew of vitamins and...