Brown Rice Nori Rolls Recipe
One of the best things about nori rolls is that kids love to make them; when kids make things in the kitchen they also tend to eat them. I swap white rice for brown rice because it increases fibre and is a wholefood.
Makes: 4 rolls
- Dipping Sauce
- 3 tbsp rice-wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups cooked brown short-grain rice
- 1 packet nori
- 1 cucumber, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 carrot, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 avocado, sliced into thin strips
- In tumbler, mix vinegar, maple syrup and salt then set aside.
- Spoon cooked rice onto tray, pour over rice vinegar mixture and mix well. With flat spatula, spread rice out to an even thin layer on tray and allow to cool.
- Place sheet of nori shiny side down on bamboo mat. Spread rice evenly over ⅔ of nori. Place cucumber, carrot and avocado across rice. Lift front of bamboo mat closest to you and begin to roll. Wet exposed edge of sheet with water and complete roll. Repeat to create 4 rolls.
- Place roll in lunchbox with tub of dipping sauce.
Smoked Tofu, Avocado & Asparagus Vegan Benedict Recipe
Memorable meals can easily be reproduced with vegan ingredients, and this tofu vegan benedict will absolutely wow you in the...
Chocolate Nice Cream with Strawberries Recipe
Decadent and sweet with natural sugars, this choc nice cream is the perfect sweet treat or pancake topper — and...
Original Coconut Amino Sauce — Niulife
The original not-soy sauce that’s famous for flavour. This soy-free seasoning sauce is all-natural, non-GMO and gluten free. Made from...
Certified Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil — Niulife
Hand-made by small coastal villages in the pristine Solomon Islands, our single-origin wild-harvested Extra Virgin Coconut Oil provides a new...