Cauliflower Pomegranate Pilaf Recipe
I’ve learned so much about pilaf writing for this issue of EatWell — it’s so diverse, delicious and adaptable to whatever you have on hand. Plus it’s a bit of a crowd-pleaser, in particular this gorgeous pilaf which is full of wholesome flavours and ingredients. If you don’t have cauliflower then swap it for three cups of cooked rice such as brown or basmati.
- 1 head (700g) cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled & finely sliced
- ½ cup (95g) almonds, roughly chopped & toasted
- ½ cup fresh parsley, finely sliced
- ½ cup fresh mint, finely sliced
- 1 orange, peeled & cut into segments
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- Place cauliflower florets in food processor and blitz to form rice-like consistency.
- Heat large frying pan on medium heat, add olive oil and garlic and cook for 1 min, then add cauliflower rice and almonds and cook 8-10 mins, tossing frequently.
- Once cooked, remove from heat, toss through parsley, mint, orange segments and zest and serve with pomegranate seeds sprinkled over.
Roast Pumpkin and Kale Tart Recipe
You don’t need to consume meat in order to help your iron levels. Per calorie, studies suggest that kale has...
Rhubarb and Apple Deconstructed Crumble Recipe
Each component of this is delicious in its own right, but combined they make a force to be reckoned with....
Blackberry and Apple Crumble Muffins Recipe
These tasty muffins are jam-packed with protective antioxidants and dietary fibre that help neutralise free radicals in the body and...
Miso Vegetables Pilaf Recipe
Miso is one of my favourite fermented foods which I use often in marinating fish, in dressings and as a...