Cauliflower Pomegranate Pilaf Recipe
I’ve learned so much about pilaf writing for this issue of EatWell — it’s so diverse, delicious and adaptable to whatever you have on hand. Plus it’s a bit of a crowd-pleaser, in particular this gorgeous pilaf which is full of wholesome flavours and ingredients. If you don’t have cauliflower then swap it for three cups of cooked rice such as brown or basmati.
- 1 head (700g) cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled & finely sliced
- ½ cup (95g) almonds, roughly chopped & toasted
- ½ cup fresh parsley, finely sliced
- ½ cup fresh mint, finely sliced
- 1 orange, peeled & cut into segments
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- Place cauliflower florets in food processor and blitz to form rice-like consistency.
- Heat large frying pan on medium heat, add olive oil and garlic and cook for 1 min, then add cauliflower rice and almonds and cook 8-10 mins, tossing frequently.
- Once cooked, remove from heat, toss through parsley, mint, orange segments and zest and serve with pomegranate seeds sprinkled over.
Spiced Cauliflower with Preserved Lemon
This delicious dish lives and dies by the quality of the curry powder. If you don’t have any on hand...
Quorn™ Foods shares 2 delicious, meat-free recipes
Quorn™ Foods is a global market leader in healthy, sustainable protein. Here, they share 2 delicious recipes.
Broccoli Rabe, Macadamia & Chilli Spaghetti
This simple vegetarian pasta is quick and easy to make and a really tasty, healthy meals that’s perfect for the...
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...