Cauliflower Pomegranate Pilaf Recipe
I’ve learned so much about pilaf writing for this issue of EatWell — it’s so diverse, delicious and adaptable to whatever you have on hand. Plus it’s a bit of a crowd-pleaser, in particular this gorgeous pilaf which is full of wholesome flavours and ingredients. If you don’t have cauliflower then swap it for three cups of cooked rice such as brown or basmati.
- 1 head (700g) cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled & finely sliced
- ½ cup (95g) almonds, roughly chopped & toasted
- ½ cup fresh parsley, finely sliced
- ½ cup fresh mint, finely sliced
- 1 orange, peeled & cut into segments
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- Place cauliflower florets in food processor and blitz to form rice-like consistency.
- Heat large frying pan on medium heat, add olive oil and garlic and cook for 1 min, then add cauliflower rice and almonds and cook 8-10 mins, tossing frequently.
- Once cooked, remove from heat, toss through parsley, mint, orange segments and zest and serve with pomegranate seeds sprinkled over.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Vegetarian cashew and zucchini Indonesian noodles
What works as a stand-alone vegetarian dish, goes well with tofu, and can even proudly accompany a chicken or fish...
Thai mango salad
This summery Thai mango salad ticks all the boxes for a fresh and healthy meal
Thai tofu with almond sauce and jasmine rice
Tofu is a good source of protein, calcium, and B vitamins. Enjoy it Thai-style with almond sauce and jasmine rice...