Take all the childhood favourite flavours of a classic cheeseburger but make it under $4.50 per serve. Even better, you don’t need to leave the house to get it and it cooks itself! Slow fast food, anyone?
- 1kg beef mince
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 500g macaroni elbows
- ½ cup chopped gherkin pickles
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 250g block cheese, grated
- Pickle, for garnish
- Brown the mince in a frying pan and tip into the slow cooker.
- Add the onion, garlic and seasonings.
- Pour the beef stock and tomatoes into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Add the pasta, gherkins and capsicum and stir through (the sauce may look too runny but the pasta will absorb the liquid).
- Cook on high for 15 mins.
- Stir through the grated cheese until melted.
- Serve with a pickle on top.
- Note: You can use pre-grated cheese but buying a block and grating it is much cheaper.