Cheesy Herb Croquettes Recipe
These moreish croquettes have a warm cheesy centre with a crisp outside. Served with tomato dipping sauce, they make a perfect party starter.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled & diced
- ¼ cup milk
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- 12 small cubes mozzarella or gruyere cheese
- 1 organic egg
- 90g all-purpose gluten-free flour
- ¾ cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 heaped tsp dried Italian herbs or a mix of rosemary, basil & oregano
- Boil potatoes until they’re tender. Drain and mash with milk and salt and pepper. Place mash in the fridge to cool so it will be easy to handle.
- You will need three small shallow bowls. Place gluten-free flour in a small bowl, 1 egg whisked in a little milk in another bowl, and then breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
- Use 2 tbsp of cooled potato mash to form a ball around each cube of cheese.
- Dip each ball in flour, then egg, and then the breadcrumbs. Firmly press the breadcrumbs into the balls so they’re well covered.
- You can either pan fry the balls in a little olive oil over medium heat, until they are golden brown, or oven bake them. To oven bake your balls, place them on a baking tray and put them in the oven on 200°C for 10 mins, then turn and bake for a further 10 mins. Make sure you don’t over-cook them or the cheese will run out.
Leek & Hot Smoked Trout Croquettes Recipe
Bursting with flavour, these smoked trout croquettes make the ultimate gluten-free appetiser and can easily be transformed into a vegetarian's...
Vegan Mushroom Croquettes with Cashew Aioli Recipe
Baked for optimum health, these creamy vegan mushroom croquettes offer a deliciously moreish appetiser, snack or dinner staple.
Beetroot and Feta Croquette Appetiser Recipe
These simple beetroot and feta croquettes offer an easy, delicious and colourful appetiser to add to your entertaining menu.
Lemon Risotto Croquettes with Pesto Recipe
These delicious gluten-free croquettes are perfect served as an appetiser or as a vegetarian meal topped with marinara sauce, parmesan...