Cheesy Herb Croquettes Recipe
These moreish croquettes have a warm cheesy centre with a crisp outside. Served with tomato dipping sauce, they make a perfect party starter.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled & diced
- ¼ cup milk
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- 12 small cubes mozzarella or gruyere cheese
- 1 organic egg
- 90g all-purpose gluten-free flour
- ¾ cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 heaped tsp dried Italian herbs or a mix of rosemary, basil & oregano
- Boil potatoes until they’re tender. Drain and mash with milk and salt and pepper. Place mash in the fridge to cool so it will be easy to handle.
- You will need three small shallow bowls. Place gluten-free flour in a small bowl, 1 egg whisked in a little milk in another bowl, and then breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
- Use 2 tbsp of cooled potato mash to form a ball around each cube of cheese.
- Dip each ball in flour, then egg, and then the breadcrumbs. Firmly press the breadcrumbs into the balls so they’re well covered.
- You can either pan fry the balls in a little olive oil over medium heat, until they are golden brown, or oven bake them. To oven bake your balls, place them on a baking tray and put them in the oven on 200°C for 10 mins, then turn and bake for a further 10 mins. Make sure you don’t over-cook them or the cheese will run out.
Red Papaya Salad Recipe
Lush, delicious and bursting with nutritional goodness, this red papaya rainbow salad is a beautiful brightly coloured dish with flavour...
Poached Pear & Hazelnut Salad Recipe
This is a dish that keeps on giving, packed with poached pears, spicy rocket, crunchy hazelnuts and salty parmesan —...
Ricotta with Eggplant, Olives & Tomato Recipe
Eggplant is such a wonderfully ‘meaty’ vegetable, and makes the ultimate crowd-pleasing starter when teamed with these scrumptious Italian flavours.
Baked Camembert with Homemade Blackberry Jam & Pistachios Recipe
Topped with hers and sweet blackberry jam, this decadent baked camembert appetiser is sure to be a hit at your...