Chicken Curry with All the Spices Recipe
This is based on a gorgeous Charmaine Solomon curry that I make a lot but have changed a bit over time. We absolutely love curry leaves and they make all the difference here, so it’s worth getting your hands on some. You can also freeze them for use later. Enjoy this Chicken Curry with All the Spices.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 10–12 curry leaves
- 1 large or 2 small brown onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp apple-cider vinegar
- ½ cup crushed tomatoes
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 6 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 lemongrass stalk, bruised
- 2 cups peeled & chopped pumpkin
- 1 chicken breast, chopped into 3–5cm pieces
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup coconut milk
- In large saucepan, heat oil or ghee and add curry leaves, stirring until fragrant and just starting to brown.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger and cook until onion is soft.
- Add turmeric, coriander, cumin, paprika, salt and apple-cider vinegar and stir for 1–2 mins, until combined and fragrant.
- Add tomato, fennel, cardamom, cinnamon, lemongrass and pumpkin, stirring to combine.
- Cover and cook for 10 mins, or until pumpkin is just tender, checking regularly.
- If curry is looking too dry, add a little coconut milk.
- Add chicken, beans and coconut milk, and cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Cooked brown rice, to serve
- 1 lemon, to serve
- Serve with rice and a squeeze of lemon to garnish.
Chicken and Edamame Soup Recipe
This tasty soup is full of aromatic Asian flavours and can be enjoyed as a light lunch or dinner! Enjoy...
Chicken Broth Pho Recipe
Substitute a classic stock with bone broth in this refreshing pho for the ultimate one-bowl meal with our chicken broth...
Pesto Chicken Roll-ups Recipe
Did you know Chicken is particularly good source of the amino acid tryptophan? Enjoy our delicious Pesto Chicken Roll-ups Recipe!