Chicken and Edamame Soup Recipe
This tasty chicken and edamame soup is full of aromatic Asian flavours and can be enjoyed as a light lunch or dinner or thrown in a thermos and savoured at the office.
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 5 sage leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2.5cm knob ginger, grated
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- Pinch smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 chicken thighs, bone in
- 7 cups chicken broth
- Juice 1 lime, plus 1 tsp zest
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or tamari
- ½ cup edamame beans
- 3 medium zucchinis, spiralised, or rice noodles
- Sauté onion, garlic and sage leaves in olive oil in a pot on medium heat.
- Once onion becomes transparent, add ginger, celery and carrot. Sauté until browned.
- Add paprika, thyme and oregano and cook for 1 min further, stirring frequently.
- Place chicken thighs in pan and add broth, lime juice and zest and bring to boil, then simmer for 25 mins.
- Add coconut aminos or tamari, edamame beans and zucchini or rice noodles and cook for further 3–5 mins, being careful not to overcook noodles.
Bubble and Squeak Recipe
For me, English food is comfort food, especially bubble and squeak. This dish takes me back to my childhood —...
13 antioxidant foods and how to enjoy them
Antioxidants defend against cell-damaging free radicals, which increase your risk of disease and premature ageing. Including a variety of antioxidant-rich...
Which dairy is the better choice: full or reduced fat?
It’s easy to get hung up on fat content when it comes to dairy products, especially if you’re watching your...
Oven-Baked Pumpkin and Corn Brown Rice Risotto Recipe
This hearty risotto is a great source of dietary fibre. Brown rice contains around seven times more fibre than white...