Chicken and Edamame Soup Recipe
This tasty chicken and edamame soup is full of aromatic Asian flavours and can be enjoyed as a light lunch or dinner or thrown in a thermos and savoured at the office.
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 5 sage leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2.5cm knob ginger, grated
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- Pinch smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 chicken thighs, bone in
- 7 cups chicken broth
- Juice 1 lime, plus 1 tsp zest
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or tamari
- ½ cup edamame beans
- 3 medium zucchinis, spiralised, or rice noodles
- Sauté onion, garlic and sage leaves in olive oil in a pot on medium heat.
- Once onion becomes transparent, add ginger, celery and carrot. Sauté until browned.
- Add paprika, thyme and oregano and cook for 1 min further, stirring frequently.
- Place chicken thighs in pan and add broth, lime juice and zest and bring to boil, then simmer for 25 mins.
- Add coconut aminos or tamari, edamame beans and zucchini or rice noodles and cook for further 3–5 mins, being careful not to overcook noodles.
The secret healing power of pineapple
We all know pineapple is deliciously sweet - but did you know about its secret healing power? Read on to...
Why avocados are good for your health
Avocadoes are not only delicious but also a source of healing fats and nutrients.
Do you love avocado? Dr Karen Bridgman shares the health benefits of the fruit
Who doesn't love smashed avocado atop their toast on the weekend? Avocadoes are not only delicious but also a source...
We take a look at Cardamom, "the queen of spices" and its health benefits
Known as the “queen of spices”, the active ingredients in cardamom exhibit a variety of metabolic activities including reducing spasms...