Chicken and Pomegranate Pilaf Recipe
This pilaf is one of my all-time favourites. I love the fresh herbs and burst of freshness from the pomegranate. It’s a great way of using up any fresh herbs you may have in the fridge, but I recommend using a mix of fresh parsley and mint which pairs perfectly with the zest of the lemon.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 chicken thighs, diced
- 175g basmati rice
- Zest 1 lemon
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 375mL chicken stock
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley &mint, chopped
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- Lemon to serve
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for a few mins until translucent. Add garlic and cook until aromatic. Add chicken and cook for 5 mins until golden.
- Add rice to pan and stir to coat. Add lemon zest, cinnamon and cumin.
- Stir in chicken stock and bring to boil. Cover pan and reduce heat.
- Cook for 15 mins covered until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and rest for another 10 mins with lid on. Toss with fresh herbs and pomegranate and serve immediately.
Chickpea Vegetable Tagine Recipe
Science confirms that diets containing a diverse range of vegetables produce healthier gut bacteria. So while eating vegetables is important,...
Split Pea, Smoked Tofu and Barley Soup Recipe
When I was a kid, my mum made the best pea and ham soup. Now that I’m vegan I’ve created...
Vegie Balls & Wholemeal Penne in Tomato Sauce with Pesto Recipe
This is my plant-based version of the classic Italian pasta and meatballs. You can make super-good balls from vegies and...
Slow-Cooked Lamb and Pomegranate Salad Recipe
Lamb is a good sources of vitamin B12 which plays a vital role in healthy nervous system and brain function....