Chicken and Pomegranate Pilaf Recipe
This pilaf is one of my all-time favourites. I love the fresh herbs and burst of freshness from the pomegranate. It’s a great way of using up any fresh herbs you may have in the fridge, but I recommend using a mix of fresh parsley and mint which pairs perfectly with the zest of the lemon.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 chicken thighs, diced
- 175g basmati rice
- Zest 1 lemon
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 375mL chicken stock
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley &mint, chopped
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- Lemon to serve
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for a few mins until translucent. Add garlic and cook until aromatic. Add chicken and cook for 5 mins until golden.
- Add rice to pan and stir to coat. Add lemon zest, cinnamon and cumin.
- Stir in chicken stock and bring to boil. Cover pan and reduce heat.
- Cook for 15 mins covered until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and rest for another 10 mins with lid on. Toss with fresh herbs and pomegranate and serve immediately.
Healthy Gluten-free Waffles with Mixed Berries
These delicious light and healthy gluten-free waffles make a perfect weekend breakfast.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Berry and apple jellies
Fun to make and delicious to eat - these berry and apple jellies sure are a treat
No refined sugars and loads of fruit make this vegan tropical iceblock recipe a real winner