Chicken and Pomegranate Pilaf Recipe
This pilaf is one of my all-time favourites. I love the fresh herbs and burst of freshness from the pomegranate. It’s a great way of using up any fresh herbs you may have in the fridge, but I recommend using a mix of fresh parsley and mint which pairs perfectly with the zest of the lemon.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 chicken thighs, diced
- 175g basmati rice
- Zest 1 lemon
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 375mL chicken stock
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley &mint, chopped
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- Lemon to serve
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for a few mins until translucent. Add garlic and cook until aromatic. Add chicken and cook for 5 mins until golden.
- Add rice to pan and stir to coat. Add lemon zest, cinnamon and cumin.
- Stir in chicken stock and bring to boil. Cover pan and reduce heat.
- Cook for 15 mins covered until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and rest for another 10 mins with lid on. Toss with fresh herbs and pomegranate and serve immediately.
Smoked Salmon with Zucchini Pasta Recipe
This gluten-free zucchini pasta recipe is perfect for summer days when you're craving pasta without that heavy carb feeling.
Organic Chickpea Fusilli — Explore Cuisine
With an appetizing Mediterranean and Middle Eastern flair, Explore Cuisine’s Chickpea Fusilli is a healthy choice that will please the...
Organic Black Rice Fusilli — Explore Cuisine
The blended organic red, brown and black rice make this pasta truly exceptional and “one-of-a-kind”. The rice is cultivated in...
Organic Thai Red Rice Rigatoni — Explore Cuisine
Explore Cuisine’s Thai Red Rice Rigatoni is a healthy choice that will please the family and simplify your life. Cooks...