Chicken and Spinach Pinwheel Recipe
I’m channelling Moroccan-style recipes here where sweet and savoury ingredients combine to create a delicious mouthful. It’s quite an unusual taste but well worth a try and is great served hot or at room temperature.
- 2 sheets good-quality puff pastry
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 350g spinach, washed & stems removed, roughly chopped
- 200g cooked chicken, shredded
- 100g feta, crumbled
- Juice & zest ½ orange
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten plus 1 extra egg, beaten
- Cracked pepper & salt
- Thaw pastry if necessary. Make sure you keep plastic backing on pastry as this will make it easier to roll pinwheels later.
- Heat oven to 200°C.
- Heat olive oil in large, deep frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 mins until softened and just starting to brown. Add garlic, ginger and cinnamon and stir well. Cook for 1 min more, then add spinach and cook for 3–4 mins until wilted.
- Add chicken, feta, orange juice and zest and stir through. Take off heat and leave for a few mins to cool slightly. Stir through beaten egg and season well with lots of cracked pepper and a little salt.
- Line large baking tray with greaseproof paper and place both puff pastry sheets side by side. Spoon spinach mixture evenly along one side of both pastry sheets in thin layer. Carefully roll pastry up from filling side, using plastic to help you roll it neatly by slowly peeling it away with each turn.
- Make sure seam side of both rolls is on the bottom, then brush with beaten egg and bake for 30 mins until puffed and golden. Allow to cool and firm up for 5 mins before slicing thickly with sharp knife.
Snow Pea & Prawn Salad
This beautiful salad is light yet satisfying and is perfect to whip together when cooking for just one.
Mighty Meatballs Recipe
These little meatballs are delicious as is or served in lettuce cups or wraps. The mix of protein and a...
Ham and Cheese Pizza Recipe
In my kitchen, I love to make batches of pizza dough, roll out the bases and freeze them for later...
Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This pumpkin bread is nutrient-rich, high in protein and fibre, free from grains and gluten and can be made dairy-free....