Chicken and Thyme Pot Pies Recipe
Pies are one of my favourite ways to add comfort during the autumn and winter months. I feel a little leap of joy when I crack through the golden roof of flaky pastry and inhale the fragrant steam that emerges. Pies are also a handy way to use up extra vegies or herbs you have on hand and reduce food waste.
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled & diced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp gluten-free rice flour
- 500mL chicken stock
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 sheets gluten-free filo pastry
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease four individual pie dishes.
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan over medium heat. Fry garlic and onion for 2–3 mins until slightly coloured. Add chicken and cook to seal on all sides then add sweet potato and cook for 10 mins, stirring frequently. Add peas and herbs and cook for 3–4 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Mix rice flour with a little of stock in small bowl then pour into pan with remaining stock and stir through. Bring to boil then reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring, for 10 mins or until liquid thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture between prepared pie dishes. Stack filo sheets and cut into quarters. Cover each pie dish with pastry, trimming as necessary and tucking edges inside dish — or, if you prefer, scrunch filo a little on top. Bake on oven’s middle shelf for 40 mins or until pastry is golden.
Greek Lamb Skewers in Pita Recipe
Get your iron boost for the week with these Greek marinated lamb skewers served with fresh herbs and plenty of...
Spicy Beef Lettuce Cups Recipe
These lettuce cups are my take on the san choy bau and combine lean beef mince with fresh herbs and...
Asian Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy Recipe
This recipe is super-easy to make and is guaranteed to be on midweek meal rotation. The glaze is Asian-inspired and...
Chickpea Vegetable Tagine Recipe
Science confirms that diets containing a diverse range of vegetables produce healthier gut bacteria. So while eating vegetables is important,...