Chicken Tray Bake Recipe
One way I ensure my kids’ lunches are healthy without me having to spend hours in the kitchen is to cook meals that can be packed in the lunchbox the next day. I often bake this quick and easy recipe for dinner in the hope that there will be leftovers to fill wraps for school lunches the next day. It’s delicious and very sustaining for busy kids.
- 500g chicken thighs, finely sliced
- 2 red capsicums, finely sliced
- 1 sweet potato, finely sliced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Zest 1 lemon
- Good pinch sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Juice ½ lemon
- 1 tsp honey
- Good pinch sea salt & grind black pepper, to taste
Lettuce cup, tortilla or wrap, to serve
- Leafy greens, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place chicken, capsicum, sweet potato and onion on large baking tray and drizzle over olive oil. Add oregano, smoked paprika, zest, sea salt and pepper.
- Toss together until chicken and vegetables are evenly coated and arrange in single layer on tray.
- Place tray in the oven and bake for 20–25 mins until browned and chicken is cooked through.
- Next, make lemony mayo by mixing all ingredients together in small bowl.
- Serve in lettuce cup, tortilla or wrap with lemony mayo and leafy greens.
Lee Holmes shares her take on the perfect marinades plus her favourite Biryani recipe
Marinating is an age-old process to intensify the flavour of food before cooking.
Fruit as a natural beauty product? Find out how to feed your skin, naturally.
You can snack on it, drink it and cook with it but did you know that fruit can be used...
We take a look at the many benefits of the humble carrot
Carrots hold a special place in our hearts. They are great raw or cooked. Kids generally like them. They are...
Discover how the common ivy leaf can help with respiratory conditions
The common plant ivy has many effects when used medicinally but its prime action is as a respiratory anti-inflammatory —...