Chicken Tray Bake Recipe
One way I ensure my kids’ lunches are healthy without me having to spend hours in the kitchen is to cook meals that can be packed in the lunchbox the next day. I often bake this quick and easy recipe for dinner in the hope that there will be leftovers to fill wraps for school lunches the next day. It’s delicious and very sustaining for busy kids.
- 500g chicken thighs, finely sliced
- 2 red capsicums, finely sliced
- 1 sweet potato, finely sliced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Zest 1 lemon
- Good pinch sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Juice ½ lemon
- 1 tsp honey
- Good pinch sea salt & grind black pepper, to taste
Lettuce cup, tortilla or wrap, to serve
- Leafy greens, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place chicken, capsicum, sweet potato and onion on large baking tray and drizzle over olive oil. Add oregano, smoked paprika, zest, sea salt and pepper.
- Toss together until chicken and vegetables are evenly coated and arrange in single layer on tray.
- Place tray in the oven and bake for 20–25 mins until browned and chicken is cooked through.
- Next, make lemony mayo by mixing all ingredients together in small bowl.
- Serve in lettuce cup, tortilla or wrap with lemony mayo and leafy greens.
Elevate your immunity with ancient Elderberry
Elderberries are one of the oldest herbal medicines and are especially useful during the cold and flu season. Discover how...
Heart of gold: In conversation with Lola Berry
Living fearlessly from the heart is at the core of Lola Berry’s existence. We sit down with the bestselling author,...
Ginger the great: spicy, warming and powerfully healing
Aromatic, tingling, spicy, pungent and warming, ginger adds bursts of flavour to your cooking, but this plant, favoured around the...
These are the key ingredients for a thriving microbiome
Discover the key to a happy gut with these simple ingredients.