Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies Recipe
These moreish almond butter cookies topped with melted dark chocolate are a healthy twist on a much-loved Danish treat. These cookies are full of protein to build and regenerate the body, along with zinc and calcium for a strong functioning immune system and healthy bones. Including protein-rich snacks in the diet can help control blood sugar levels and curb sugar cravings.
- 1½ cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup organic butter, melted or coconut oil for a dairy-free option
- 1/3 cup raw honey or 100% maple syrup
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 organic egg
- ½ cup good-quality dark chocolate pieces
- Handful crushed nuts (pistachio, almond, hazelnut)
- Preheat your oven to 160°C and line a cookie tray with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl combine almond and coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt.
- In another bowl combine almond butter, butter, honey, vanilla extract and egg.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and combine.
- Roll mixture into 2 tbsp balls and then place them on your baking tray. Flatten them down and neaten up the edges with the back of a fork.
- Place your cookies in the oven for 10-12 mins until they start to go golden brown.
- Allow your cookies to cool completely before spreading the bottoms with melted chocolate. Top with crushed nuts and place in the fridge to set.
Coconut & Hemp Crumbed Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Pumped with plant protein and essential fats, these gluten-free crumbed Brussels sprouts are the ultimate vegan snack, side or lunch!
4 creative snacks that you can enjoy from brunch to dessert
Looking for another way to put your Corn Thins to good use? Give these creative recipes a go! From morning...
3 antioxidant-packed snacks for a morning boost
Add some spark to your morning routine with these delicious brekky and snack staples, featuring Organic Merchant’s Spark Dust for...