Chunky Almond Granola
This chunky almond granola is jam-packed with dietary fibre to help lower cholesterol levels, along with B vitamins and slow-release complex carbohydrates for energy. Seeds and nuts are also an excellent source of important nutrients including protein, magnesium, zinc, calcium and healthy fats. This delicious crunchy granola is a healthy alternative to store-bought sugar-laden granolas.
- 1 cup roughly chopped mixed nuts (cashews, almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, Brazil nuts)
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 1¼ cups coconut flakes
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup pepitas
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup raw honey or 100 per cent maple syrup
- ¼ cup cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- In large bowl, combine nuts, oats, coconut flakes, cinnamon, hemp seeds and pepitas.
- In small saucepan over low temperature heat almond butter, honey, coconut oil and vanilla and stir until melted and well combined.
- Pour honey mixture into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture onto baking tray and spread out evenly, pressing down.
- Place in oven for 20 mins. Remove from oven. Cut granola slab in half and flip each side over separately with spatula. Bake for another 20 mins, until golden brown.
- Let granola cool completely before breaking into pieces.
- Store in fridge in air-tight container.
- Delicious served with natural yoghurt and mixed berries and other fruits.
Are you in need of some breakfast inspiration? We think that Bircher muesli is one of the best breakfasts you...
Pear Spelt Pancakes with Strawberry Purée
Pears and strawberries are rich sources of vitamin C, which is vital for boosting immune function and for supporting adrenal...
Sugar-Free Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Nice-Cream
It hardly seems possible to have a no-sugar healthy ice-cream that tastes so amazingly sweet and almost like the dairy...