Citrus, Rosemary & Olive Oil Cake Recipe
To me, the flavours of Portugal are zingy citrus, olives, olive oil and fresh herbs. I have combined these flavours to create a dense cake, almost a torte, in the hope it takes you to Portugal.
Makes: 1 small cake or 6 cupcakes
- 100mL extra-virgin olive oil
- 125g coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 100g plain, unsweetened yoghurt
- 1½ tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 150g spelt flour
- 65g almond meal
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Combine oil and sugar together in mixing bowl using whisk.
- Add eggs and whisk for a good 3–4 mins, until you see some small bubbles appearing and mixture looks lighter.
- Combine yoghurt, orange juice, lemon zest, vanilla and rosemary in separate bowl, stirring to combine.
- Add to oil mixture and whisk to combine.
- Place spelt flour, almond meal, baking powder and sea salt in bowl and mix.
- Add to wet mixture and stir until just combined.
- Transfer to a 15–20cm cake tin, or cupcake pan, and bake for 35–45 mins (less for cupcakes), or until skewer inserted into centre comes out clean.
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
My mum’s spaghetti bolognese was the best! I could have eaten it every night as a kid; it was my...
Quick Vegetarian Nachos Recipe
I love this meal for a midweek quickie when I have no protein to work with. I try to always...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...
Baked Sweet Potato Hash Browns Recipe
These hash browns can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner. The wholesome savoury flavours of sweet potato team...