Citrus, Rosemary & Olive Oil Cake Recipe
To me, the flavours of Portugal are zingy citrus, olives, olive oil and fresh herbs. I have combined these flavours to create a dense cake, almost a torte, in the hope it takes you to Portugal.
Makes: 1 small cake or 6 cupcakes
- 100mL extra-virgin olive oil
- 125g coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 100g plain, unsweetened yoghurt
- 1½ tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 150g spelt flour
- 65g almond meal
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Combine oil and sugar together in mixing bowl using whisk.
- Add eggs and whisk for a good 3–4 mins, until you see some small bubbles appearing and mixture looks lighter.
- Combine yoghurt, orange juice, lemon zest, vanilla and rosemary in separate bowl, stirring to combine.
- Add to oil mixture and whisk to combine.
- Place spelt flour, almond meal, baking powder and sea salt in bowl and mix.
- Add to wet mixture and stir until just combined.
- Transfer to a 15–20cm cake tin, or cupcake pan, and bake for 35–45 mins (less for cupcakes), or until skewer inserted into centre comes out clean.
Broccoli Rabe, Macadamia & Chilli Spaghetti
This simple vegetarian pasta is quick and easy to make and a really tasty, healthy meals that’s perfect for the...
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Vegetarian cashew and zucchini Indonesian noodles
What works as a stand-alone vegetarian dish, goes well with tofu, and can even proudly accompany a chicken or fish...
Thai mango salad
This summery Thai mango salad ticks all the boxes for a fresh and healthy meal