Citrus, Rosemary & Olive Oil Cake Recipe
To me, the flavours of Portugal are zingy citrus, olives, olive oil and fresh herbs. I have combined these flavours to create a dense cake, almost a torte, in the hope it takes you to Portugal.
Makes: 1 small cake or 6 cupcakes
- 100mL extra-virgin olive oil
- 125g coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 100g plain, unsweetened yoghurt
- 1½ tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 150g spelt flour
- 65g almond meal
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Combine oil and sugar together in mixing bowl using whisk.
- Add eggs and whisk for a good 3–4 mins, until you see some small bubbles appearing and mixture looks lighter.
- Combine yoghurt, orange juice, lemon zest, vanilla and rosemary in separate bowl, stirring to combine.
- Add to oil mixture and whisk to combine.
- Place spelt flour, almond meal, baking powder and sea salt in bowl and mix.
- Add to wet mixture and stir until just combined.
- Transfer to a 15–20cm cake tin, or cupcake pan, and bake for 35–45 mins (less for cupcakes), or until skewer inserted into centre comes out clean.
Mushroom and Zucchini Risotto Recipe
Porcini mushrooms give this risotto a rich, earthy flavour. If you have leftovers, form them into balls or patties and...
Tahini Muesli Bars Recipe
Feel free to use any combination of nuts, seeds and dried fruit in this recipe but be sure to stick...
Tahini Choc Chip Cookies Recipes
As a mum and nutritionist, I’m always trying to find more nourishing ways to create the family favourites — especially...
Tahini Icy Poles Recipes
For as long as I can remember there has been a healthy version of icy poles in my life. My...