Citrus, Rosemary & Olive Oil Cake Recipe
To me, the flavours of Portugal are zingy citrus, olives, olive oil and fresh herbs. I have combined these flavours to create a dense cake, almost a torte, in the hope it takes you to Portugal.
Makes: 1 small cake or 6 cupcakes
- 100mL extra-virgin olive oil
- 125g coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 100g plain, unsweetened yoghurt
- 1½ tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 150g spelt flour
- 65g almond meal
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Combine oil and sugar together in mixing bowl using whisk.
- Add eggs and whisk for a good 3–4 mins, until you see some small bubbles appearing and mixture looks lighter.
- Combine yoghurt, orange juice, lemon zest, vanilla and rosemary in separate bowl, stirring to combine.
- Add to oil mixture and whisk to combine.
- Place spelt flour, almond meal, baking powder and sea salt in bowl and mix.
- Add to wet mixture and stir until just combined.
- Transfer to a 15–20cm cake tin, or cupcake pan, and bake for 35–45 mins (less for cupcakes), or until skewer inserted into centre comes out clean.
Get to know David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl from Green Kitchen Stories
David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl are the Scandinavian duo at the helm of Green Kitchen Stories. Their simple, healthy and...
Beetroot and Feta Croquette Appetiser Recipe
These simple beetroot and feta croquettes offer an easy, delicious and colourful appetiser to add to your entertaining menu.
Lemon Risotto Croquettes with Pesto Recipe
These delicious gluten-free croquettes are perfect served as an appetiser or as a vegetarian meal topped with marinara sauce, parmesan...
Coconut & Hemp Crumbed Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Pumped with plant protein and essential fats, these gluten-free crumbed Brussels sprouts are the ultimate vegan snack, side or lunch!