Coconut and Tapioca Pudding with Pineapple Flowers Recipe
Traditionally, tapioca pudding in Sri Lanka is made with condensed milk and quite a lot of sugar. This is my low-sugar take on the traditional pudding. It’s such a quick and easy dessert to make and one of my personal favourites.
- 1cm slice fresh pineapple, skin & core removed
- 200g tapioca pearls
- 400mL water
- 270mL coconut milk
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp extra coconut milk (optional to serve)
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Cut round of pineapple in half so one side is flat, enabling you to very finely slice pineapple into flowers. Place slices on baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 20–30 mins (or until edges start to brown and curl).
- 10 mins before pineapple is ready, begin preparing tapioca pudding.
- Heat small pot over moderate heat and add tapioca to dry roast, stirring constantly, for 2 mins.
- Add water and bring to low simmer for about 8–10 mins (or until tapioca is transparent).
- Add coconut milk, cardamom and coconut sugar and stir well to combine and thicken (approx. 2 mins).
- Divide between 4 small glasses or bowls.
- Enjoy immediately with pineapple flowers and extra drizzle of coconut milk (optional).
Mushroom, Walnut and Thyme Pâté with Sourdough Recipe
Make a batch of pâté and place it in a jar with an airtight lid. You can use it as...
Healthy Vegan Lettuce and Chickpea Wraps Recipe
Spoon a third of a cup of the chickpea filling into the lettuce leaves and serve, as finger food. The...
Mango and Coconut Ice Blocks Recipe
These delicious ice blocks make a healthy treat for the whole family. They are a nutritious alternative to sugar-laden store-bought...
Chocolate, Avocado and Berry Cake Recipe
This delicious cake caters to many intolerances as it’s dairy-, egg- and gluten-free and vegan. It gets a lovely richness...