Coconut and Tapioca Pudding with Pineapple Flowers Recipe
Traditionally, tapioca pudding in Sri Lanka is made with condensed milk and quite a lot of sugar. This is my low-sugar take on the traditional pudding. It’s such a quick and easy dessert to make and one of my personal favourites.
- 1cm slice fresh pineapple, skin & core removed
- 200g tapioca pearls
- 400mL water
- 270mL coconut milk
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp extra coconut milk (optional to serve)
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Cut round of pineapple in half so one side is flat, enabling you to very finely slice pineapple into flowers. Place slices on baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 20–30 mins (or until edges start to brown and curl).
- 10 mins before pineapple is ready, begin preparing tapioca pudding.
- Heat small pot over moderate heat and add tapioca to dry roast, stirring constantly, for 2 mins.
- Add water and bring to low simmer for about 8–10 mins (or until tapioca is transparent).
- Add coconut milk, cardamom and coconut sugar and stir well to combine and thicken (approx. 2 mins).
- Divide between 4 small glasses or bowls.
- Enjoy immediately with pineapple flowers and extra drizzle of coconut milk (optional).
Mushroom and Zucchini Risotto Recipe
Porcini mushrooms give this risotto a rich, earthy flavour. If you have leftovers, form them into balls or patties and...
Tahini Choc Chip Cookies Recipes
As a mum and nutritionist, I’m always trying to find more nourishing ways to create the family favourites — especially...
Tahini Icy Poles Recipes
For as long as I can remember there has been a healthy version of icy poles in my life. My...
Pumpkin Soup with Tahini and Pistachios Recipe
The whole family will love this pumpkin soup! Adding tahini gives the soup a nutty flavour and creamy texture, plus...