Coconut and Tapioca Pudding with Pineapple Flowers Recipe
Traditionally, tapioca pudding in Sri Lanka is made with condensed milk and quite a lot of sugar. This is my low-sugar take on the traditional pudding. It’s such a quick and easy dessert to make and one of my personal favourites.
- 1cm slice fresh pineapple, skin & core removed
- 200g tapioca pearls
- 400mL water
- 270mL coconut milk
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp extra coconut milk (optional to serve)
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Cut round of pineapple in half so one side is flat, enabling you to very finely slice pineapple into flowers. Place slices on baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 20–30 mins (or until edges start to brown and curl).
- 10 mins before pineapple is ready, begin preparing tapioca pudding.
- Heat small pot over moderate heat and add tapioca to dry roast, stirring constantly, for 2 mins.
- Add water and bring to low simmer for about 8–10 mins (or until tapioca is transparent).
- Add coconut milk, cardamom and coconut sugar and stir well to combine and thicken (approx. 2 mins).
- Divide between 4 small glasses or bowls.
- Enjoy immediately with pineapple flowers and extra drizzle of coconut milk (optional).
Roasted Cauliflower and Potato Curry Recipe
Turmeric has been used and well respected for 2500 years in India as an Ayurvedic medicine. This brightly coloured spice,...
Pumpkin and Chickpea Curry Recipe
I can’t tell you how important it is to follow a soaking process when preparing any legumes or pulses. If...
Curry, Baked Tempeh and Vegie Bowl Recipe
Having a curry spice on hand is such a delicious way to diversify the way you cook vegies and proteins...
Spiced Walnut and Date Bliss Balls Recipe
These bliss balls are the perfect sweet treat and the spices add a lovely warm and heated flavour. These would...