Coconut and Tapioca Pudding with Pineapple Flowers Recipe
Traditionally, tapioca pudding in Sri Lanka is made with condensed milk and quite a lot of sugar. This is my low-sugar take on the traditional pudding. It’s such a quick and easy dessert to make and one of my personal favourites.
- 1cm slice fresh pineapple, skin & core removed
- 200g tapioca pearls
- 400mL water
- 270mL coconut milk
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp extra coconut milk (optional to serve)
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Cut round of pineapple in half so one side is flat, enabling you to very finely slice pineapple into flowers. Place slices on baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 20–30 mins (or until edges start to brown and curl).
- 10 mins before pineapple is ready, begin preparing tapioca pudding.
- Heat small pot over moderate heat and add tapioca to dry roast, stirring constantly, for 2 mins.
- Add water and bring to low simmer for about 8–10 mins (or until tapioca is transparent).
- Add coconut milk, cardamom and coconut sugar and stir well to combine and thicken (approx. 2 mins).
- Divide between 4 small glasses or bowls.
- Enjoy immediately with pineapple flowers and extra drizzle of coconut milk (optional).
Tofu Larp with Brown Vermicelli Noodles Recipe
Larp, or larb, is a type of Lao meaty salad that’s regarded the unofficial national dish of Laos. Try our...
A Q&A with Heidi Peuten and Vasia Vogias, the co-founders of Ulu Hye
We speak to Heidi Peuten and Vasia Vogias, co-founders of Ulu Hye, a brand offering non-dairy mylk bases — with...
No-Bake Berry Cake Recipe
The no-bake method of cake making allows you to use raw whole food ingredients that make you feel lighter and...
Mushroom, Walnut and Thyme Pâté with Sourdough Recipe
Make a batch of pâté and place it in a jar with an airtight lid. You can use it as...