Coconut and Tapioca Pudding with Pineapple Flowers Recipe
Traditionally, tapioca pudding in Sri Lanka is made with condensed milk and quite a lot of sugar. This is my low-sugar take on the traditional pudding. It’s such a quick and easy dessert to make and one of my personal favourites.
- 1cm slice fresh pineapple, skin & core removed
- 200g tapioca pearls
- 400mL water
- 270mL coconut milk
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp extra coconut milk (optional to serve)
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Cut round of pineapple in half so one side is flat, enabling you to very finely slice pineapple into flowers. Place slices on baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 20–30 mins (or until edges start to brown and curl).
- 10 mins before pineapple is ready, begin preparing tapioca pudding.
- Heat small pot over moderate heat and add tapioca to dry roast, stirring constantly, for 2 mins.
- Add water and bring to low simmer for about 8–10 mins (or until tapioca is transparent).
- Add coconut milk, cardamom and coconut sugar and stir well to combine and thicken (approx. 2 mins).
- Divide between 4 small glasses or bowls.
- Enjoy immediately with pineapple flowers and extra drizzle of coconut milk (optional).
Mauritian Lentil Soup
This Mauritian-inspired red lentil soup is the ultimate comfort food. Easy to whip together, it’s warming to the body, with...
Emma Dean's Plant-Based Pancakes with Hazelnut & Chocolate Sauce
Need a little indulgence? Try Emma Dean's Pana Organic Pancakes, topped with Pana Chocolate and warm Hazelnut & Chocolate spread....
Are you in need of some breakfast inspiration? We think that Bircher muesli is one of the best breakfasts you...
Chunky Almond Granola
This chunky almond granola is jam-packed with dietary fibre to help lower cholesterol levels, along with B vitamins and slow-release...