Collagen & Flax Chocolate Bars
The most abundant protein in our bodies, collagen, is found in our muscles, skin, bones, blood vessels and digestive tract. Collagen is incredibly important for nourishing a leaky gut back to a healthy state. These chocolate bars are a super healthy and indulgent way to benefit from the blessing of collagen and are also an excellent post-workout snack to help repair muscles. You can buy collagen online or from health food stores; look for collagen derived from grass-fed sources.
- 3 tbsp coconut butter
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin coconut oil
- 2 tbsp linseeds
- 3 tbsp powdered collagen
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- ½ tsp vanilla powder
- Pinch Celtic sea salt
- 2 tbsp rice-malt syrup or raw honey, or sweetener of choice
- Line very small square cake tin, loaf tin or dish with baking paper.
- In heatproof bowl set over small saucepan of simmering water, gently melt coconut butter and coconut oil, stirring until combined. Place linseeds, collagen, cacao powder, vanilla and salt in food processor or high-speed blender and pulse until combined. Add melted oil mixture and sweetener and whiz again, adding more linseeds if needed; the consistency should be like a paste.
- Spoon mixture into lined tin or dish and refrigerate for 1–2 hours, until set.
- Cut into 3×10cm bars to serve. The bars will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 4–5 days.
Emma Dean's Plant-Based Pancakes with Hazelnut & Chocolate Sauce
Need a little indulgence? Try Emma Dean's Pana Organic Pancakes, topped with Pana Chocolate and warm Hazelnut & Chocolate spread....
Chocolate Ganache Tarts
Here's a recipe for your sweet tooth to try at home. These tarts are gloriously rich and satisfying. Use either...
Rocky Road Slice
This rocky road is made from scratch and with good nutrition in mind. Adults and kids love it and you...