Colombian-Style Lentil Soup Recipe
For so few ingredients, this soup packs a flavour punch! Try to buy the chorizo from a butcher, as a good-quality sausage will have lots of smokiness and spices, which will give the soup even more depth.
- 2 fresh chorizo sausages (not cured), thickly sliced
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 1½ cups dried green lentils
- Salt & pepper
- 1 potato, diced
- ¼ cup coriander leaves, to garnish
- Cook chorizo slices in large stock-pot for 3-4 mins on high heat until golden on both sides. You don't need to add oil, as it will leach out while cooking.
- Remove chorizo to plate with slotted spoon, leaving oil in pot. Turn heat down to medium. Add onion, garlic, spring onion, carrot and tomato and cook for 10 mins until tomato softens and breaks down to form thick sauce.
- Add cumin and lentils and season with salt and pepper. Add 6 cups water then cover and simmer for 45 mins to 1 hour, until lentils are tender. Top up with a little water occasionally if it becomes dry.
- Add potato and chorizo slices and cook for 15 mins more, uncovered, until potato is tender.
- Serve in bowls topped with coriander.
Vegan Bento Bowl Recipe
This vegan bento bowl will make you feel a sense of Zen as you enjoy an organised meal full of...
The Perfect Breakfast Board Recipe
Give sugary, boxed breakfast cereals a miss and opt for this nutrient-dense gluten-free breakfast bored to power you from sunrise...
Lentil Savoury Mince Recipe
This vegan mince can be used in an abundance of ways and is a yummy simple way to keep your...
Jamaican Lamb Curry Recipe
This easy-to-make lamb curry packs some of the most delicious flavours of Jamaican cooking into one hearty meal best served...