Colombian-Style Lentil Soup Recipe
For so few ingredients, this soup packs a flavour punch! Try to buy the chorizo from a butcher, as a good-quality sausage will have lots of smokiness and spices, which will give the soup even more depth.
- 2 fresh chorizo sausages (not cured), thickly sliced
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 1½ cups dried green lentils
- Salt & pepper
- 1 potato, diced
- ¼ cup coriander leaves, to garnish
- Cook chorizo slices in large stock-pot for 3-4 mins on high heat until golden on both sides. You don't need to add oil, as it will leach out while cooking.
- Remove chorizo to plate with slotted spoon, leaving oil in pot. Turn heat down to medium. Add onion, garlic, spring onion, carrot and tomato and cook for 10 mins until tomato softens and breaks down to form thick sauce.
- Add cumin and lentils and season with salt and pepper. Add 6 cups water then cover and simmer for 45 mins to 1 hour, until lentils are tender. Top up with a little water occasionally if it becomes dry.
- Add potato and chorizo slices and cook for 15 mins more, uncovered, until potato is tender.
- Serve in bowls topped with coriander.
Smoked Salmon with Zucchini Pasta Recipe
This gluten-free zucchini pasta recipe is perfect for summer days when you're craving pasta without that heavy carb feeling.
Organic Chickpea Fusilli — Explore Cuisine
With an appetizing Mediterranean and Middle Eastern flair, Explore Cuisine’s Chickpea Fusilli is a healthy choice that will please the...
Organic Black Rice Fusilli — Explore Cuisine
The blended organic red, brown and black rice make this pasta truly exceptional and “one-of-a-kind”. The rice is cultivated in...
Organic Thai Red Rice Rigatoni — Explore Cuisine
Explore Cuisine’s Thai Red Rice Rigatoni is a healthy choice that will please the family and simplify your life. Cooks...