Crispy Chickpea Kale Salad Recipe
Green leafy vegetables like kale are a good plant-based source of iron. Iron is an extremely important trace mineral that plays many essential roles in the body. We need a constant supply of iron through our diet for good health and prevention of disease. The brassica vegetable, kale, is also abundant in sulphur-containing compounds which help boost liver detoxification and help reduce the risk of cancer.
- ¾ cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp coriander
- ½ tsp cumin
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 big handfuls kale, remove stem & roughly chop
- ¼ cup toasted nuts (hazelnut, walnut, almond, pistachio)
- Handful crumbled feta or goats cheese
- 3 tbsp tahini
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 tsp raw honey or 100% maple syrup for vegan option
- Pinch sea salt
- Pat dry chickpeas to remove any excess moisture.
- Add a little olive oil to a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add chickpeas, garlic, chilli, coriander, cumin and sea salt and cook until crispy.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar. Add water until you have desired thickness.
- Place kale in a salad bowl and toss through some salad dressing. If your kale is thick, massage it first with a little olive oil and lemon juice to soften it up.
- Top kale with crispy chickpeas, toasted nuts and cheese and gently toss.
Plant-Based Buckwheat Crêpes with Strawberries Recipe
Amazing how easy it is to swap to plant-based recipes without ever feeling you’re missing out, and these buckwheat crepes...
Smoked Tofu, Avocado & Asparagus Vegan Benedict Recipe
Memorable meals can easily be reproduced with vegan ingredients, and this tofu vegan benedict will absolutely wow you in the...
Chocolate Nice Cream with Strawberries Recipe
Decadent and sweet with natural sugars, this choc nice cream is the perfect sweet treat or pancake topper — and...
Original Coconut Amino Sauce — Niulife
The original not-soy sauce that’s famous for flavour. This soy-free seasoning sauce is all-natural, non-GMO and gluten free. Made from...