Crumbed Oyster Mushroom Vegan Burger Recipe
This crumbed mushroom vegan burger is completely delicious, complemented amazingly well by the smooth cashew creamed Sriracha.
- ½ cup wholemeal flour, seasoned with salt & pepper
- ½ cup plant milk
- 3 cups wholemeal sourdough breadcrumbs
- 150g oyster mushrooms
- 2 cups cashew cream Sriracha (recipe below)
- 4 wholemeal bread rolls, cut in half
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into ribbons
- 2 tomatoes, sliced into 8 slices
- ½ red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 cups mixed leaf salad greens
- Cashew Cream Sriracha
- 250g raw cashews
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup Sriracha sauce
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place the flour, milk and breadcrumbs in separate bowls. Dip each oyster mushroom into the flour, then dip it into the milk and press into the crumbs to coat, and place them on the lined baking tray.
- Place the tray into the oven and cook until golden brown, 15–20 mins.
- For the cashew cream Sriracha, place all the ingredients into a blender and blend to a smooth paste or sauce.
- To assemble the burgers, place some cashew Sriracha on the bread rolls, top with cucumber, tomato, red onion, the crumbed mushrooms and the mixed salad greens, and top with the other half of the bread roll.
Jamaican Eggplant Jerk & Watermelon Salad Recipe
This vegan recipe uses classic Jamaican flavours that balance the sweet with the spicy. The perfect meal for family sharing...
Sweet Corn Puree With Baked Cauliflower & Spinach
This recipe transforms wholesome sweet corn into a heavenly miso-flavoured puree to match with baked cauliflower and sautéed spinach.
Spicy Roasted Chickpeas Recipe
These crunchy roasted chickpeas are delicious as a healthy snack, as an appetiser with olives, dips, or to add some...
Herb & Feta Hummus Recipe
This wholesome low GI hummus recipe is loaded with dietary fibre and protein, and makes for a delicious dip, spread...