Curry, Baked Tempeh and Vegie Bowl Recipe
Having a curry spice on hand is such a delicious way to diversify the way you cook vegies and proteins and this recipe is a wonderful example of just that. If you don’t have tempeh then an organic tofu, chicken or fish will work well, too.
- 300g tempeh sliced into 1cm thick pieces or protein of choice
- 300g parsnip, sliced thin on the round
- 300g carrot, sliced thin on the round
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp curry spice blend
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
Mint & Apple Salad
- 1 small (100g) green apple, diced
- ½ green capsicum
- ½ lemon
- ¼ cup mint leaves, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp coconut cream or yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place tempeh, parsnip and carrot on tray, drizzle with melted coconut oil, sprinkle with curry spice blend, toss to coat then place in oven to cook for 20 mins.
- While tempeh and vegetables are baking, cook quinoa and ground turmeric with ¾ cup water and set aside.
- Make mint and apple salad by combining all ingredients in bowl and tossing gently.
- Once tempeh and vegetables are ready, divide between two bowls and serve with quinoa and mint and apple salad.
Vegie Balls & Wholemeal Penne in Tomato Sauce with Pesto Recipe
This is my plant-based version of the classic Italian pasta and meatballs. You can make super-good balls from vegies and...
Plant-Based Butterbean Chickpea Tagine Recipe
Hands down some of the easiest yet wow-factor dishes are those that land in a slow cooker. The slow,...
Hemp and Mushroom Risotto Recipe
This is an interesting way to use hemp. It has a clean and creamy texture and flavour.
Hemp and Quinoa Bites Recipe
These delicious little hemp bites are packed full of nutrients and hidden vegetables. A crowd-pleaser for the whole family!