Curry, Baked Tempeh and Vegie Bowl Recipe
Having a curry spice on hand is such a delicious way to diversify the way you cook vegies and proteins and this recipe is a wonderful example of just that. If you don’t have tempeh then an organic tofu, chicken or fish will work well, too.
- 300g tempeh sliced into 1cm thick pieces or protein of choice
- 300g parsnip, sliced thin on the round
- 300g carrot, sliced thin on the round
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp curry spice blend
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
Mint & Apple Salad
- 1 small (100g) green apple, diced
- ½ green capsicum
- ½ lemon
- ¼ cup mint leaves, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp coconut cream or yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place tempeh, parsnip and carrot on tray, drizzle with melted coconut oil, sprinkle with curry spice blend, toss to coat then place in oven to cook for 20 mins.
- While tempeh and vegetables are baking, cook quinoa and ground turmeric with ¾ cup water and set aside.
- Make mint and apple salad by combining all ingredients in bowl and tossing gently.
- Once tempeh and vegetables are ready, divide between two bowls and serve with quinoa and mint and apple salad.
No refined sugars and loads of fruit make this vegan tropical iceblock recipe a real winner
Cherry and almond sorbet
This simple cherry and almond sorbet recipe doesn’t require an ice-cream machine, and it's vegan-friendly too. What are you waiting...
Mango passionfruit chia pudding
Need a healthy breakfast or a lunch on the run? These vegan mango passionfruit chia puddings are the perfect solution
Strawberry, banana and vanilla iceblocks
Sugar-free, plant-based and vegan, these strawberry, banana and vanilla iceblocks will be your best healthy indulgence go-to ever.