Curry, Baked Tempeh and Vegie Bowl Recipe
Having a curry spice on hand is such a delicious way to diversify the way you cook vegies and proteins and this recipe is a wonderful example of just that. If you don’t have tempeh then an organic tofu, chicken or fish will work well, too.
- 300g tempeh sliced into 1cm thick pieces or protein of choice
- 300g parsnip, sliced thin on the round
- 300g carrot, sliced thin on the round
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp curry spice blend
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
Mint & Apple Salad
- 1 small (100g) green apple, diced
- ½ green capsicum
- ½ lemon
- ¼ cup mint leaves, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp coconut cream or yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place tempeh, parsnip and carrot on tray, drizzle with melted coconut oil, sprinkle with curry spice blend, toss to coat then place in oven to cook for 20 mins.
- While tempeh and vegetables are baking, cook quinoa and ground turmeric with ¾ cup water and set aside.
- Make mint and apple salad by combining all ingredients in bowl and tossing gently.
- Once tempeh and vegetables are ready, divide between two bowls and serve with quinoa and mint and apple salad.
Vegetable Curry Pie Recipe
Clive of India curry powder is one of my favourite curry powders when it comes to making pies. When the...
Roasted Cauliflower and Potato Curry Recipe
Turmeric has been used and well respected for 2500 years in India as an Ayurvedic medicine. This brightly coloured spice,...
Pumpkin and Chickpea Curry Recipe
I can’t tell you how important it is to follow a soaking process when preparing any legumes or pulses. If...