Easy Green Salad with Avocado and Hummus Recipe
If you do a little food preparation on a Sunday, your work lunches will be a breeze to put together and give you the energy to do your best. Enjoy this Easy Green Salad with Avocado and Hummus recipe.
- 1 sweet potato, chopped into bite-sized cubes & roasted
- 1 cup hummus (recipe below)
- 4 handfuls green salad leaves
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- ½ ripe avocado, sliced
- ½ cup sliced red cabbage, sliced
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped into sprigs
- 2 tsp sambal oelek (optional)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ¼ cup tahini
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ tbsp salt
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place sweet potato cubes on greaseproof paper-lined baking tray. Bake for 20–30 mins until cooked through and edges have evenly started to brown. Remove from tray when cooled and place in airtight container in fridge until required.
- To make hummus, add all ingredients except water to food processor/blender. Puree and slowly add 2 cups of water. Process until smooth. Add more salt if required.
- Place greens in container, add cabbage, add some sweet potato cubes, add spoonfuls of hummus around salad leaves. Add sprigs of parsley. Add some sambal oelek or favourite chutney to salad. Add salt and pepper if desired.
A Q&A with Emily Macgregor, naturopath for Henry Blooms
Emily Macgregor is a naturopath for Henry Blooms and here she shares with us the natural health food company’s humble...
Mauritian Chicken Fricassee Recipe
This Mauritian fricassee is mild, not spicy, and still totally delicious! Try our Mauritian Chicken Fricassee recipe today.
Baked Brown Rice Mushroom Risotto Recipe
Did you know mushrooms are a great source of potassium, which is an important mineral for helping lower blood pressure...
Toasted Greens, Pomegranate and Cauliflower Rice Salad Recipe
This Middle Eastern-inspired salad is a healthy take on the classic tabouleh. Try our Toasted green, pomegranate and cauliflower...