Easy Green Salad with Avocado and Hummus Recipe
If you do a little food preparation on a Sunday, your work lunches will be a breeze to put together and give you the energy to do your best. Enjoy this Easy Green Salad with Avocado and Hummus recipe.
- 1 sweet potato, chopped into bite-sized cubes & roasted
- 1 cup hummus (recipe below)
- 4 handfuls green salad leaves
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- ½ ripe avocado, sliced
- ½ cup sliced red cabbage, sliced
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped into sprigs
- 2 tsp sambal oelek (optional)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ¼ cup tahini
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ tbsp salt
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place sweet potato cubes on greaseproof paper-lined baking tray. Bake for 20–30 mins until cooked through and edges have evenly started to brown. Remove from tray when cooled and place in airtight container in fridge until required.
- To make hummus, add all ingredients except water to food processor/blender. Puree and slowly add 2 cups of water. Process until smooth. Add more salt if required.
- Place greens in container, add cabbage, add some sweet potato cubes, add spoonfuls of hummus around salad leaves. Add sprigs of parsley. Add some sambal oelek or favourite chutney to salad. Add salt and pepper if desired.
Vietnamese Meatball Soup Recipe
This Vietnamese meatball soup is a delicious, fuss-free meal that is both nutritious and healing. Enjoy our Vietnamese meatball soup...
Chicken Broth Pho Recipe
Substitute a classic stock with bone broth in this refreshing pho for the ultimate one-bowl meal with our chicken broth...
Ricepaper Rolls Recipe
Get creative! Add any combination of vegetables you like as well as your choice of protein. Enjoy our ricepaper roll...
Roast Sweet Potato, Hummus & Quinoa Poke Bowl Recipe
You’ll notice that a lot of the components of one poke bowl can be used in another. Enjoy my Roast...