Edamame & Chickpea Salad with Green Tahini Dressing Recipe
When you think about cooking with edamame, Asian flavours immediately come to mind. Here, I’ve tried to think outside the box. Edamame works beautifully in this Mediterranean-style salad and adds a great pop of colour to the dish.
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, lightly packed
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups shelled edamame beans*
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled & grated
- ½ white onion, peeled & very finely sliced
- 1 cup parsley leaves, lightly packed
- ¼ cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- ½ tsp salt
- Arrange baby spinach leaves on serving platter and set aside.
- Add chickpeas, edamame, tomato, carrot and onion to large mixing bowl. Stir to combine and pour over spinach leaves.
- Place 10 parsley leaves in blender then sprinkle rest over salad. Add yoghurt, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and salt to blender with quarter cup cold water. Blitz until smooth. Drizzle over salad and serve immediately.
- * You’ll need 400g of pods to get 2 cups of beans. You can buy 450g packets in freezer section, with peas, at most large supermarkets.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Chocolate Blackbean Mole Recipe
Whoever invented mole should really have a medal! A mole is a traditional Mexican sauce spiked with spices, chilli and...
Eggplant Stuffed with Lebanese Rice and Slow-Braised Beans Recipe
In this dish, try using flatbread to scoop up these saucy beans; it’s the traditional way to eat them.
Mexican Tortilla Cups Recipe
These tortilla cups are easy to make and pack a nutritional punch with protein from the eggs and lots of...