Edamame & Chickpea Salad with Green Tahini Dressing Recipe
When you think about cooking with edamame, Asian flavours immediately come to mind. Here, I’ve tried to think outside the box. Edamame works beautifully in this Mediterranean-style salad and adds a great pop of colour to the dish.
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, lightly packed
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups shelled edamame beans*
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled & grated
- ½ white onion, peeled & very finely sliced
- 1 cup parsley leaves, lightly packed
- ¼ cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- ½ tsp salt
- Arrange baby spinach leaves on serving platter and set aside.
- Add chickpeas, edamame, tomato, carrot and onion to large mixing bowl. Stir to combine and pour over spinach leaves.
- Place 10 parsley leaves in blender then sprinkle rest over salad. Add yoghurt, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and salt to blender with quarter cup cold water. Blitz until smooth. Drizzle over salad and serve immediately.
- * You’ll need 400g of pods to get 2 cups of beans. You can buy 450g packets in freezer section, with peas, at most large supermarkets.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Kale and Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Want to eat more greens? Green leafy vegetables like kale are rich sources of vitamin K, which is a key...
Pumpkin and Chickpea Pasties Recipe
Mildly spiced, these Healthy Pumpkin and Chickpea Pasties are suitable for the whole family and are packed with fibre and...
Gluten-free Delicious Lemon Cakes Recipe
A long lazy lunch is not complete without something sweet to finish. These lemon cakes are very simple to make,...
Ploughman’s Board Recipe
Homemade seeded crackers are perfect for a ploughman’s board. Feel free to pick a selection of cheeses and add some...