Edamame & Chickpea Salad with Green Tahini Dressing RecipeCredit: Christie Connelly
When you think about cooking with edamame, Asian flavours immediately come to mind. Here, I’ve tried to think outside the box. Edamame works beautifully in this Mediterranean-style salad and adds a great pop of colour to the dish.
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, lightly packed
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups shelled edamame beans*
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled & grated
- ½ white onion, peeled & very finely sliced
- 1 cup parsley leaves, lightly packed
- ¼ cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- ½ tsp salt
- Arrange baby spinach leaves on serving platter and set aside.
- Add chickpeas, edamame, tomato, carrot and onion to large mixing bowl. Stir to combine and pour over spinach leaves.
- Place 10 parsley leaves in blender then sprinkle rest over salad. Add yoghurt, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and salt to blender with quarter cup cold water. Blitz until smooth. Drizzle over salad and serve immediately.
- * You’ll need 400g of pods to get 2 cups of beans. You can buy 450g packets in freezer section, with peas, at most large supermarkets.
Discover organic at our Welbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Broccoli and Macadamia Pesto Recipe
Broccoli is a great source of dietary fibre and vitamin C, required to support bowel health and immune and adrenal...
Two-minute Broccoli with Sesame and Fried Shallots Recipe
Want to know the best unconventional way to steam vegies? Use a frying pan with a lid to get perfect...
Teacup Watermelon Soup Recipe
A sweet and crunchy salad and a one-bowl wonder, this gorgeous Teacup Watermelon Soup recipe is delicious.
One-Pot Mexican Kidney Bean and Rice Recipe
Including fibre-rich red kidney beans in the diet will help lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease....