Edamame & Chickpea Salad with Green Tahini Dressing RecipeCredit: Christie Connelly
When you think about cooking with edamame, Asian flavours immediately come to mind. Here, I’ve tried to think outside the box. Edamame works beautifully in this Mediterranean-style salad and adds a great pop of colour to the dish.
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, lightly packed
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups shelled edamame beans*
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled & grated
- ½ white onion, peeled & very finely sliced
- 1 cup parsley leaves, lightly packed
- ¼ cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- ½ tsp salt
- Arrange baby spinach leaves on serving platter and set aside.
- Add chickpeas, edamame, tomato, carrot and onion to large mixing bowl. Stir to combine and pour over spinach leaves.
- Place 10 parsley leaves in blender then sprinkle rest over salad. Add yoghurt, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and salt to blender with quarter cup cold water. Blitz until smooth. Drizzle over salad and serve immediately.
- * You’ll need 400g of pods to get 2 cups of beans. You can buy 450g packets in freezer section, with peas, at most large supermarkets.
Discover organic at our Welbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Edamame Wonton Parcels Recipe
These parcels are a lovely way to enjoy edamame. They make a delicious healthy afternoon snack or entrée at a...
Hummus Vegie Pie Recipe
Looking for an impressive dinner idea? This gorgeous hummus vegie pie is full of goodness and taste.
Broccoli Pie with Sweet Potato Crust Recipe
Are you gluten-free? Do you miss pastry? In this pie, the sweet potato crust is incredibly easy to prepare and...