Fruit Salad Pikelet Skewers Recipe
This is a great way to get children to try different-coloured fruits. The portions are only bite-sized, so they’re more approachable, plus everyone knows eating food from a stick tastes better.
Makes: 12 skewers (with leftover pikelets for the freezer)
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup drinking coconut milk (in carton)
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 small banana, peeled
- 1 cup spelt flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Coconut oil, for pan-frying
- 12 bamboo skewers
- Fresh fruit, coconut yoghurt & maple syrup, to serve
- Place eggs, coconut milk, shredded coconut, vanilla and banana in blender and blitz until smooth.
- Place spelt flour, salt and baking powder in mixing bowl and pour in the blender mixture. Stir to combine.
- Brush a frying pan with coconut oil and add small tbsp of mixture, cooking 3-4 at a time. Cook until bubbles appear on surface, then flip and cook for 30 secs more. Transfer to plate and repeat with remaining mixture.
- Slice one pikelet into quarters and thread onto skewer alternately with favourite fresh fruit. Repeat with all skewers. You will have some pikelets left over. Place in container and freeze.* Serve with coconut yoghurt and maple syrup for dipping.
- *You can pop frozen pikelets straight into the toaster for a quick breakfast on another day.
Fast, Healthy & Delicious Fish Burger
If ever there was a super-quick, super-satisfying and super-nourishing easy meal to curb the cravings of a burger on the...
Healthy Garlic & Chilli Prawn Linguine
This Garlic & Chilli Prawn Linguine recipe is effortlessly simple and is perfect for a midweek meal. Enjoy with the...
Vegan Coconut & Chickpea Curry
This vegan Coconut & Chickpea Curry recipe combines creamy coconut milk with a range of spices to create the most...