Kimchi Fried Rice Recipe
Fried rice is such a quick and easy meal. I often make a double batch, which my kids love cold for lunch the next day. The kimchi adds a really nice acidity and is great for supporting digestive health.
- Splash peanut or olive oil
- 3 free-range or organic eggs, beaten
- 2 rashers bacon, diced
- 1 red onion, peeled & finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 2 large carrots, peeled & diced
- ½ head broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (approx. 1 cup uncooked)
- 12 snow peas, trimmed & sliced
- 4 tbsp kimchi
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- In non-stick or cast-iron pan or wok, add splash of oil. Heat over low to moderate heat and add eggs, stirring to scramble them. Set aside once firm.
- Add bacon and red onion to pan and stir until onion just starts to soften. Add garlic, ginger, carrot and broccoli and stir-fry for another 2 mins.
- Add rice, sauce ingredients, egg and snow peas. Stir-fry for another 5 mins until the vegetables start to soften.
- Divide between 4 bowls and top each with a tbsp of kimchi and garnish with spring onion.
Quick Vegetarian Nachos Recipe
I love this meal for a midweek quickie when I have no protein to work with. I try to always...
Indian-Spiced Mince with Peas Recipe
Dinner doesn’t get any more budget friendly, easier or tastier than this Indian Spiced Mince with Peas. It’s one of...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...
Baked Sweet Potato Hash Browns Recipe
These hash browns can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner. The wholesome savoury flavours of sweet potato team...