Kimchi Fried Rice Recipe
Fried rice is such a quick and easy meal. I often make a double batch, which my kids love cold for lunch the next day. The kimchi adds a really nice acidity and is great for supporting digestive health.
- Splash peanut or olive oil
- 3 free-range or organic eggs, beaten
- 2 rashers bacon, diced
- 1 red onion, peeled & finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 2 large carrots, peeled & diced
- ½ head broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (approx. 1 cup uncooked)
- 12 snow peas, trimmed & sliced
- 4 tbsp kimchi
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- In non-stick or cast-iron pan or wok, add splash of oil. Heat over low to moderate heat and add eggs, stirring to scramble them. Set aside once firm.
- Add bacon and red onion to pan and stir until onion just starts to soften. Add garlic, ginger, carrot and broccoli and stir-fry for another 2 mins.
- Add rice, sauce ingredients, egg and snow peas. Stir-fry for another 5 mins until the vegetables start to soften.
- Divide between 4 bowls and top each with a tbsp of kimchi and garnish with spring onion.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Berry and apple jellies
Fun to make and delicious to eat - these berry and apple jellies sure are a treat
No refined sugars and loads of fruit make this vegan tropical iceblock recipe a real winner
Cherry and almond sorbet
This simple cherry and almond sorbet recipe doesn’t require an ice-cream machine, and it's vegan-friendly too. What are you waiting...