Kimchi Fried Rice Recipe
Fried rice is such a quick and easy meal. I often make a double batch, which my kids love cold for lunch the next day. The kimchi adds a really nice acidity and is great for supporting digestive health.
- Splash peanut or olive oil
- 3 free-range or organic eggs, beaten
- 2 rashers bacon, diced
- 1 red onion, peeled & finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 2 large carrots, peeled & diced
- ½ head broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (approx. 1 cup uncooked)
- 12 snow peas, trimmed & sliced
- 4 tbsp kimchi
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- In non-stick or cast-iron pan or wok, add splash of oil. Heat over low to moderate heat and add eggs, stirring to scramble them. Set aside once firm.
- Add bacon and red onion to pan and stir until onion just starts to soften. Add garlic, ginger, carrot and broccoli and stir-fry for another 2 mins.
- Add rice, sauce ingredients, egg and snow peas. Stir-fry for another 5 mins until the vegetables start to soften.
- Divide between 4 bowls and top each with a tbsp of kimchi and garnish with spring onion.
Greek Lamb Skewers in Pita Recipe
Get your iron boost for the week with these Greek marinated lamb skewers served with fresh herbs and plenty of...
Spicy Beef Lettuce Cups Recipe
These lettuce cups are my take on the san choy bau and combine lean beef mince with fresh herbs and...
Asian Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy Recipe
This recipe is super-easy to make and is guaranteed to be on midweek meal rotation. The glaze is Asian-inspired and...
Chickpea Vegetable Tagine Recipe
Science confirms that diets containing a diverse range of vegetables produce healthier gut bacteria. So while eating vegetables is important,...