Roasted Garlic Bisque Recipe
This thick, creamy, garlicky darling will provide comfort and beckon you to stop, rest and enjoy. Garlic is a wonder ingredient for rebooting your immune system, which may be compromised in cases of digestive issues or autoimmunity. The crushed macadamias add texture and are highly recommended.
- 4 garlic bulbs, unpeeled
- 60mL extra-virgin olive or coconut oil
- 1 brown onion, roughly chopped
- 1 leek, white part only, washed & and roughly chopped
- 1L good-quality chicken stock or bone broth
- 3 parsnips, peeled & roughly chopped
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 pinches ground nutmeg, or to taste
- Sea salt & pepper
- 100g macadamia nuts, dry-roasted & roughly chopped or crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut about 5mm off tops of garlic bulbs to expose cloves. Place garlic bulbs in small baking dish, add 1 tbsp of oil and toss to coat.
- Turn garlic cut side up, then cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake for 30–35 mins, or until garlic skins are golden brown and core tender. Leave to cool, then squeeze garlic out of skins.
- Heat remaining olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion and leek for 3–4 mins, or until softened.
- Add roasted garlic, stock and parsnip. Reduce heat to low, then cover and simmer for about 30–35 mins or until vegetables are tender.
- Leave to cool slightly, then purée soup using food processor or hand-held stick blender.
- In small bowl, whisk egg yolks. While soup is still warm, and with food processor or blender still running, add egg yolks and whiz until combined.
- Season to taste with nutmeg, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- If you need to warm the soup to serve, stir gently over low heat until heated through, but no longer than 1–2 mins, or yolks will curdle.
- Ladle into bowls, top with macadamias and parsley and serve.
5 healthy whole grains to add to your weekly food plan
A triple treat — nutritious, delicious and numerous — grains are powerhouses of nourishment and each of the many varieties...
Roast Sweet Potato, Hummus & Quinoa Poke Bowl Recipe
You’ll notice that a lot of the components of one poke bowl can be used in another. Enjoy my Roast...
Chickpea, Quinoa & Avocado Poke Bowl Recipe
My Chickpea, Quinoa & Avocado Poke Bowl Recipe uses a varied array of colourful vegetables, which means you’re guaranteed a...