Roasted Garlic Bisque Recipe
This thick, creamy, garlicky darling will provide comfort and beckon you to stop, rest and enjoy. Garlic is a wonder ingredient for rebooting your immune system, which may be compromised in cases of digestive issues or autoimmunity. The crushed macadamias add texture and are highly recommended.
- 4 garlic bulbs, unpeeled
- 60mL extra-virgin olive or coconut oil
- 1 brown onion, roughly chopped
- 1 leek, white part only, washed & and roughly chopped
- 1L good-quality chicken stock or bone broth
- 3 parsnips, peeled & roughly chopped
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 pinches ground nutmeg, or to taste
- Sea salt & pepper
- 100g macadamia nuts, dry-roasted & roughly chopped or crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut about 5mm off tops of garlic bulbs to expose cloves. Place garlic bulbs in small baking dish, add 1 tbsp of oil and toss to coat.
- Turn garlic cut side up, then cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake for 30–35 mins, or until garlic skins are golden brown and core tender. Leave to cool, then squeeze garlic out of skins.
- Heat remaining olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion and leek for 3–4 mins, or until softened.
- Add roasted garlic, stock and parsnip. Reduce heat to low, then cover and simmer for about 30–35 mins or until vegetables are tender.
- Leave to cool slightly, then purée soup using food processor or hand-held stick blender.
- In small bowl, whisk egg yolks. While soup is still warm, and with food processor or blender still running, add egg yolks and whiz until combined.
- Season to taste with nutmeg, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- If you need to warm the soup to serve, stir gently over low heat until heated through, but no longer than 1–2 mins, or yolks will curdle.
- Ladle into bowls, top with macadamias and parsley and serve.
Roasted Sweet Potato Chips with Beans and Feta Recipe
Sometimes you just need something simple and easy to make but delicious to end the day with. Try this Roasted...
Lamb Korma with Spiced Cauliflower Rice Recipe
One of our favourite ways to eat lamb is in a slow-cooked curry. Despite the long list of ingredients, this...
Matcha Panna Cotta with Raspberry Ice Recipe
A beautiful, delicious and nourishing dessert, this Matcha Panna Cotta is really easy to make and a dessert you’ll love...
Pancakes Hoppers Recipe
This recipe draws inspiration from Sri Lankan hoppers, which are fermented pancakes made from rice flour, served for breakfast with...