Greek Lamb Skewers in Pita Recipe
Get your iron boost for the week with these Greek marinated lamb skewers served with fresh herbs and plenty of greens — a perfect combination for a weekend lunch with the family. Leave the lamb to marinate overnight to really boost the flavour.
- 400g lean lamb, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 4 large pitas, toasted
- 100g Greek yoghurt
- 200g baby spinach
- Handful of mint & parsley
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Combine lamb, garlic, oil and oregano in medium bowl, ensuring lamb is well covered with oil. Leave to marinate for at least 2 hours in fridge.
- Thread lamb onto 4–6 bamboo skewers (depending on size). Heat large frying pan on medium heat then add skewers and cook for approximately 8 min, turning occasionally. Allow to rest.
- Top pita bread with yoghurt and lamb skewer and finish with baby spinach, fresh herbs, tomatoes and lemon.
Spicy Beef Lettuce Cups Recipe
These lettuce cups are my take on the san choy bau and combine lean beef mince with fresh herbs and...
Asian Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy Recipe
This recipe is super-easy to make and is guaranteed to be on midweek meal rotation. The glaze is Asian-inspired and...
Chickpea Vegetable Tagine Recipe
Science confirms that diets containing a diverse range of vegetables produce healthier gut bacteria. So while eating vegetables is important,...