Hawaiian Banana Split with Macadamia Coconut Yoghurt
While macadamia nuts are indigenous to Australia, Hawaii is famous for producing them. This twist on the classic banana split showcases the beautiful flavours of the tropics with delicious, creamy macadamia nuts.
- Macadamia Coconut Yoghurt
- 1 cup toasted macadamia nuts
- 1 cup coconut yoghurt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 large ripe bananas, halved lengthways
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- ½ cup toasted macadamia nuts, to serve
- Quick Chocolate Sauce
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or rice-malt syrup
- 1 tbsp boiling water
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- In high-speed blender or food processor, put 1 cup of macadamia nuts and process to fine meal. Add coconut yoghurt and maple syrup. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Line small baking tray with baking paper and pour in macadamia coconut mixture. Freeze for 30 mins to firm it up (so you can form a scoop). If you happen to over-freeze it (so it’s too hard), simply cut into cubes and process again (so you can form a scoop).
- For chocolate sauce, dissolve cacao and sweetener of your choice in boiling water. Add coconut oil and mix to combine.
- When ready to serve, place banana halves in individual serving dishes. Top with a scoop of the Macadamia Coconut Yoghurt, raspberries and macadamia nuts. Drizzle over chocolate sauce and serve.
- Tip: This can also be made with natural or Greek yoghurt.
Sponsor Recipes: Magimix share three delicious recipes for winter
Discover the delicious creations you can make with Magimix plus three delicious recipes!
Sponsor Recipes: Pearl River Bridge share four healthy winter dishes
Discover some of the delicious creations you can make with Pearl River Bridge Soy Sauce.
Sponsor Recipes: Modi™ Apples share three healthy recipes
Discover some of the delicious creations you can make with Modi™ Apples.
Sponsor Recipes: The Bare Bird share three healthy winter recipes
Discover some of the delicious creations you can make with The Bare Bird.