Beef Massaman Recipe
Many studies have confirmed the benefits of eating curry for supporting brain health and memory, and reducing cognitive decline. This Beef Massaman is a nutritionally balanced meal offering quality protein, good fats and plant-based carbohydrates to support and nourish your body (and delight your taste buds). Don’t be put off by the long list of ingredients — it’s actually a very quick and easy meal to prepare and the end result is phenomenally delicious.
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3–4cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 whole red chilli
- 5 whole cardamom pods
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 400mL coconut milk
- 250mL chicken broth or stock
- 100mL water
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Start with making sauce. In food processor, add garlic, ginger, chilli and cardamom pods. Process to chop ingredients.
- Add in all spices, fish sauce, salt, pepper, coconut sugar, coconut milk, broth or stock and water. Blend well.
- 1kg (approx.) grass-fed chuck steak, diced into 4–5cm pieces
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 3 stems celery, diced
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 2 star anise
- 4 medium carrots, diced
- 4 small potatoes, peeled & diced
- 4–5 kale leaves, roughly chopped
- Juice 1 lime
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves only, chopped
- Place beef, onion, celery, kaffir lime, cinnamon quills and star anise in large ovenproof dish with lid.
- Pour over curry sauce and mix well.
- Cook for 3 hours, lid on.
- After 3 hours, remove from oven and add in carrots and potato and pop back in oven with lid on for another 30 mins.
- When ready to eat, mix in kale and lime juice. Allow to rest for 5 mins and serve with coriander leaves.
Herb and Goat’s Cheese Omelette Recipe
This omelette is high in protein, can be packed with vegies and is quick to prepare. Try this Herb and...
Roasted Sweet Potato Chips with Beans and Feta Recipe
Sometimes you just need something simple and easy to make but delicious to end the day with. Try this Roasted...
Lamb Korma with Spiced Cauliflower Rice Recipe
One of our favourite ways to eat lamb is in a slow-cooked curry. Despite the long list of ingredients, this...
Raw Coffee Slice Recipe
This nourishing slice is a guilt-free piece of heaven and a must to share with a coffee-loving significant other. Enjoy!...