Healthy Seed Crackers Recipe
These seed crackers were born out of my desire for a highly-nutritious cracker for families needing to be nut-, dairy- or gluten-free, with an egg-free option, too. Here’s to making a batch of these babies and sharing them with a delicious guacamole and having fun with the people you love.
Makes: 50 bite-sized canapé crackers
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled (optional)
- ½ tsp fennel seeds (optional)
- 40g hemp seeds
- 60g sunflower seeds
- 80g pumpkin seeds
- 30g coconut oil or butter
- 1 egg or chia/flax/water mix
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 3 stalks fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- Dash olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place garlic cloves and fennel seeds in blender and pulse until well chopped. Place seeds in and repeat (you don't want big chunky bits of seeds — slightly grainier than a meal consistency is perfect).
- Add coconut oil, egg/chia mix, salt and thyme, if using, to blender. Combine well, scraping sides of bowl after a couple of secs.
- Place in heap on oiled parchment sheet and cover with another parchment sheet rubbed with oil (will stop dough sticking to either as you roll it out).
- Roll out to thin cracker thickness.
- Remove top layer of parchment paper.
Spiced Carrot Dip Recipe
Mad for carrots? We are too! They are a regular player in our snack bag on the run. Try our...
Smoked Salmon Bites Recipe
One of the best and easiest bulk batch snacks to serve for a crowd. Try our Smoked Salmon Bites Recipe!
Sweet Potato Bites Recipe
Repurpose the humble sweet potato into a type of soft cracker and top with a spicy dip. These are just...