Hemp Granola with Poached Pear Recipe
This delightful breakfast is packed with nutritional goodness. Hemp seeds give your diet a boost in fibre, protein and healthy fats. This dish will also deliver probiotics to support your gut and immune health. Ginger is an excellent anti-inflammatory herb that is beneficial for cardiovascular health and anyone who suffers from arthritis. Ginger also helps stimulate circulation and eases digestive complaints.
- 2 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- ¼ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup whole oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 small ripe pears, peeled
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups water
- 2½cm ginger root
- Zest 1 orange
- Organic natural or coconut yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In small bowl combine honey or maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Place coconut, nuts, seeds, oats and cinnamon in food processor and pulse 3–4 times to form chunky granola. Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir through honey mixture until well combined.
- Spread granola mixture evenly onto baking trays and bake for 20–25 mins until golden brown. Toss mixture together after 15 mins. Allow to cool then store in jar in fridge.
- To poach pears, place pears, juice, water, ginger and orange zest in small saucepan. If necessary, add extra water to cover pears. Simmer for 20 mins until soft.
- To serve, spoon yoghurt into bowl, top with 1 pear and sprinkle with granola.
Miso Poached Eggs Recipe
These poached eggs are an extremely delicate way to use miso. It certainly doesn’t punch you in the face with...
Nourishing Breakfast Bowl Recipe
Loaded with greens, wholesome brown rice, sweet potato, satiating eggs and a zesty tahini-based dressing, this nourishing breakfast bowl offers...
Turkish Eggs with Chilli and Oregano Butter Recipe
Want to take a simple breakfast to the next level? Try these Turkish poached eggs — and don't forget the...
Emma Dean's Plant-Based Pancakes with Hazelnut & Chocolate Sauce
Need a little indulgence? Try Emma Dean's Pana Organic Pancakes, topped with Pana Chocolate and warm Hazelnut & Chocolate spread....