Hemp Granola with Poached Pear Recipe
This delightful breakfast is packed with nutritional goodness. Hemp seeds give your diet a boost in fibre, protein and healthy fats. This dish will also deliver probiotics to support your gut and immune health. Ginger is an excellent anti-inflammatory herb that is beneficial for cardiovascular health and anyone who suffers from arthritis. Ginger also helps stimulate circulation and eases digestive complaints.
- 2 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- ¼ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup whole oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 small ripe pears, peeled
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups water
- 2½cm ginger root
- Zest 1 orange
- Organic natural or coconut yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In small bowl combine honey or maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Place coconut, nuts, seeds, oats and cinnamon in food processor and pulse 3–4 times to form chunky granola. Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir through honey mixture until well combined.
- Spread granola mixture evenly onto baking trays and bake for 20–25 mins until golden brown. Toss mixture together after 15 mins. Allow to cool then store in jar in fridge.
- To poach pears, place pears, juice, water, ginger and orange zest in small saucepan. If necessary, add extra water to cover pears. Simmer for 20 mins until soft.
- To serve, spoon yoghurt into bowl, top with 1 pear and sprinkle with granola.
Coconut & Almond Porridge Recipe
This super-comforting porridge is perfect for a light and healthy breakfast. Enjoy our Coconut & Almond Porridge recipe!
Berry, Pepita and Walnut Brain Booster Fruit Salad Recipe
When you lovingly prepare this beautiful salad, it’s a creative and mindful process. Practising daily mindful actions and eating nutrient-packed...
Sweet Potato and Haloumi Muffins Recipe
Full of fibre, protein and sustaining energy, these muffins are a portable powerhouse of nutrition. They are also quite versatile:...