Hemp and Mushroom Risotto Recipe
This is an interesting way to use hemp. It has a clean and creamy texture and flavour.
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 2 sticks celery, finely diced
- 2 cups hemp seeds
- 6 cup liquid vegan Massell brand “chicken style” stock
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, mushrooms and celery and sauté until soft.
- Add hemp seeds and stock. Mix well and cook until stock is mostly absorbed and resembles wet risotto. Add parsley, nutritional yeast and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in a bowl.
4 vegan desserts even non-vegans will love
Following a plant-based diet shouldn't mean missing out on any of the fun. Try these 4 vegan desserts developed by...
Vegan Rainbow Goulash
Traditionally, Hungarian goulash is made with meat as the base. This is a delicious vegan version that incorporates chickpeas and...
Black Pepper Garlic Tempeh
I love this little dish because it really packs a flavour punch! Not to mention the protein, iron and magnesium...
Crusted Cauliflower Steaks
Whether you are vegan or flexitarian, this recipe is for you.