Hemp and Mushroom Risotto Recipe
This is an interesting way to use hemp. It has a clean and creamy texture and flavour.
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 2 sticks celery, finely diced
- 2 cups hemp seeds
- 6 cup liquid vegan Massell brand “chicken style” stock
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, mushrooms and celery and sauté until soft.
- Add hemp seeds and stock. Mix well and cook until stock is mostly absorbed and resembles wet risotto. Add parsley, nutritional yeast and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in a bowl.
Miso Broth, Brown Rice Noodles and Leafy Greens Recipe
This is one of my favourite noodle dishes. After a busy day you can have this nourishing tasty meal on...
Split Pea, Smoked Tofu and Barley Soup Recipe
When I was a kid, my mum made the best pea and ham soup. Now that I’m vegan I’ve created...
Vegie Balls & Wholemeal Penne in Tomato Sauce with Pesto Recipe
This is my plant-based version of the classic Italian pasta and meatballs. You can make super-good balls from vegies and...
Plant-Based Butterbean Chickpea Tagine Recipe
Hands down some of the easiest yet wow-factor dishes are those that land in a slow cooker. The slow,...